Do Your Kids like The American Adventure?

Tinkerbell8956

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in the beginning of May. It will be my 4 year old daughter's 3rd trip to Disney. I haven't seen The American Adventure in years. My husband is not really a fan and I didn't want to try to take a 2 or 3 year old to the show. It has always been one of my favorites though, and I'm thinking of taking the kiddo to it this trip. Does anyone have any experience taking their kids to see the show?

Since your husband is not a fan, can he and your child do something else while you enjoy it. I love it ...but that's me. I can't say if your child would be entertained by it...depends on the child. But, if you enjoy it....please see it. I think it's a great tribute to America. Makes me cry. ...but that's me.

Yes, my kids enjoyed it when they were younger and now at ages 11 and 12. They both enjoy history though. It is also a good place to slow down, sit down, and take a breather. So for us, it is a win win especially on a busy day.

My DS10 was not interested until he started studying American History in school. When I took him when he was younger he couldn't sit through it.

DS14 is indifferent to it. He doesn't really enjoy it, but it is a nice air conditioned 30 minute break from the heat on a hot afternoon in Epcot, and he will often suggest it. DD23 enjoys the show a bit more I think.

When they were younger, DS was not a fan at all. I, however, am not that parent that lets the kids have their way all of the time. It wasn't an option for him. I told him that I suffer through Splash Mountain for him, which literally scares the Pooh(bear . . .after all, this is a family oriented board) right out of me, so he could suffer through those attractions I like that bore him half to death. Being that it was cool, he never really gave me too much trouble about it, and often would wind up getting a quick nap during the show anyway.

I took my daughter for the 1st time when she was 5. She was bored but it was air-conditioned. It is one of my requirements for paying for the trips. This and Hall Of Presidents. Now she just sighs and calls the 2 shows the why dad is a veteran shows.

We took our daughter at 6. She sat through it but didn't like it. I think it is really more appealing to older kids who have studied some American History.

My parents brought me to AA for the first time at 4 and they laugh because I LOVED it. I am waiting until my kids are around that age to take them and have them sit through it. My parents brought my younger sister from when she was a baby on, though. It’s a family favorite!

I enjoy it...but it is a bit dated, and can be boring for really young kids. But i pay it a visit each time

Brought my daughters once when they were little - they asked why there were so few girls in the show. We really didn't need to go back after that.

My kids have loved it since their first trip - they are now 10 and 13 and still do..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter