Do your guests get emails from Disney?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I'm booking two villas at BWV for a family trip but am not ready to share the confirmation numbers with the family yet. If I list them as guests in the appropriate reservations, will they be contacted by Disney before I give them the confirmation number and they link it to their MDE accounts? If I list one of them as lead guest in a room, will they be contacted then? Or does Disney start sending them emails only after they link the reservation to their MDE? Right now I'm lead in one room and DH is lead in the other, and I haven't listed anyone else yet because I don't want Disney to ruin a surprise!

:thanks:

I think if you leave the address and email as your address and email, there will be no way for them to contact them until you modify that information on the reservation.

I think if you leave the address and email as your address and email, there will be no way for them to contact them until you modify that information on the reservation.
Thanks - I hadn’t thought of that! 😝

Haha! Yeah, I seem to never change peoples addresses. Just this week we got a mailer from Disney Cruise for my daughters roomate!

They live in Manhattan but I’ve booked rooms for the two of them, but never changed the address!

I have booked many times for family members, but kept myself as Primary. My experience is that Disney never contacts them regarding the reservation, but all reservation related correspondence goes through me, as Primary. The only thing I have seen Disney do with them is add their address and email to the Disney mailing list for advertisements. Even Magic Bands and things like that are mailed to me. So, I don't think Disney will contact those people regarding the reservation until one of them is listed as Primary in the number 1 slot.

Maybe I am wrong and other people have had a different experience?

We just got snail mail for two people that we had on a reservation, but one never even stayed with us. It was an ad for Florida Resident passes. One actually lives in Florida, the other is our friend's daughter (just 17 or 18 now) who lives in Louisiana.

Thanks, all, I entered all the names today and just didn’t check the box saying they don’t live with us. I also noticed it says that emails about the reservation will be sent to our address, so we’re set!

Haha! Yeah, I seem to never change peoples addresses. Just this week we got a mailer from Disney Cruise for my daughters roomate!

I do not provide a mailing address or email address for my guests.

I later get discount codes in the mail addressed to my guests.

They live in Manhattan but I’ve booked rooms for the two of them, but never changed the address!

I do this too for DVC and cruises. I am always the lead and everyone's phone and address is my address.
I get cruise mailers for my dd's boyfriend, and for DVC, when I travel with friends/family, I use my email and address
so all emails, MBs, etc., come directly to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!