Do you write down the confirmation number for credit card payments and other things?

Yes, I write it on the bill,

and

Yes, we have had to use it. Credit card put the payment in the wrong account, if not we would have been out of luck, house payment not applied to right account that one we had to go round and round with them, even with the confirmation number...and they still would not admit that they were wrong.

I have a bit of OCD, I print out all the reservations, confirmation numbers when we travel, one set in DH's backpack and one set in my handbag.

Last edited:
Do you write down the confirmation number for credit card payments and other things?

I haven't got time for the pain (yes, I'm listening to Carly Simon right now, LOL).
That's what email confirmations are for and most companies I deal with send 'em out before I'm off the phone.

Yes, I keep a notebook with every payment needed and due date. It is updated with date paid and confirmation number. I can tell you what I paid for electricity May 2008. I had to use a confirmation code just last week. Paid off husband's car, and they sent the title to the dealership. Said dealership paid off the car, I had to prove payment came from our account!!! I have also had to use them many times for proof of payment on hospital bills, that they said were unpaid after 6 months or more,

No.
I usually just wait until I get the e-mail. Once the transaction posts to my credit card or bank, I don't worry about the e-mail any longer (because now I have proof that I paid)

Used to, not any more.

Except Disney dining reservations. Although now that there's an app, I guess we don't need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter