Do You Trust the Media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the fact that with all the video that was taken that day, no one can point to her being hit. I have proved that protesters came with bats and other stuff ready for violence, I have proved that Heyer was overweight, wearing black and a smoker, you all then still make me out to be a neo-Nazi loving white supremacist when I explain that I am a Jew, they don’t like me, I don’t like them.

You haven't proved anything, except that you read some very ugly websites and apparently are willing to believe what you see there without questioning where it comes from, while simultaneously calling into question not just more reputable news sources, but also the very legal institutions your country is founded on.

I absolutely believe you when you say you're not a neo-Nazi loving white supremacist, but I also note that you sure seem willing to give credence to their conspiracy theories.

You haven't proved anything, except that you read some very ugly websites and apparently are willing to believe what you see there without questioning where it comes from, while simultaneously calling into question not just more reputable news sources, but also the very legal institutions your country is founded on.

I absolutely believe you when you say you're not a neo-Nazi loving white supremacist, but I also note that you sure seem willing to give credence to their conspiracy theories.

You asked for pictures, I provided. Why didn’t CNN show Heyer’s picture in Charlottesville? I found them, I didn’t read the site that her picture was on, I googled Heather Heyer pictures. That one came up.

I think you are being generous with the bolded. If you're reading neo-Nazi websites and agree with what you see there then you're one of them.

You asked for pictures, I provided. Why didn’t CNN show Heyer’s picture in Charlottesville? I found them, I didn’t read the site that her picture was on, I googled Heather Heyer pictures. That one came up.

OK, here is a question, why do YOU think CNN didn't show her picture in Charlottesville?

I know that if I am ever murdered in a way that makes National news my dh better pick the most flattering picture of me to send to media outlets that request it. If he doesn't, I will haunt him for the rest of his life and make him miserable.

Oh, so that site isn't the source of your information?

What is your source?

Then you don't understand how google works. Google linked to a picture on a website that claims that is Heather Heyer. I'm not sure what constitutes "proof" to you, but that's not it.

ETA: Why do you trust the site you got the picture from and not MSM?

I did the same, when you posted that picture and claimed it was Heather. When I realized the only websites promoting that picture were white supremacist sites calling her a "fat pig" and ranting on about the "Heather hoax", I concluded that there is no proof that is actually a picture of Heather.

You can't blindly believe everything you Google. You have to look at where it comes from!

The fact that you didn't even bother to look and see where the picture came from is even worse. It shows you're not at all interested in checking your sources.

CNN asked Heather's family for a picture. The family provided one.

And in any case, it's disgusting anyone would have an ounce less sympathy for her if she was fat and a smoker, than they would if she was thin and never touched a ciggie in her life. It's even more disgusting that some people want to use the rumour that she was fat and smoked as a means of discrediting mainstream news reports about her death and giving credence to neo-Nazi websites!

Edited to add: I just googled "Bob Dylan". This picture popped up about halfway down the page:

kesha-brian-fest-2015-performance-billboard-650.jpg

Is this proof Bob Dylan is actually Ke$ha? Is Bob Dylan trans? Why don't mainstream sites use this picture when they're writing about Bob Dylan? Who's been lying to us??? :laughing:

Then you don't understand how google works. Google linked to a picture on a website that claims that is Heather Heyer. I'm not sure what constitutes "proof" to you, but that's not it.

ETA: Why do you trust the site you got the picture from and not MSM?

I told you how I got that picture, and I ask you with all the video that was taken, all the pictures from that day, why didn’t the MSM even show the pictures I found. Should I have posted the one that shows her being given CPR? It is there.

I'd like to start by saying after reading this thread I feel like I've been hit by a train.

Next, I'd like to join the discussion before it inevitably self-implodes.

1. @ELKA You will forever in my mind and heart be the meme "Pics or it didn't happen"
d4b.jpg

2. OP, or any of the others here... how do you define media? Everyone appears to be answering a question without clearly defined boundaries. One can infer that the term is meant to imply mass media, thereby incorporating all film, print, pamphlets, eight tracks, podcast, websites, emails, radio, music, etc, etc... which is quite a volume of work. Or perhaps OP intended to consider only news sources. In that case, how does one define those? I'd wager we all have our own thoughts and opinions. So yeah.. this is a question that needs context.

3. The Pew Research Center did a study in 2014 collecting data which demonstrated how ideologies impact perception of news outlets. Read for yourself, as the subject matter is not suited for this environment. Or rather, this environment is incapable of discussing it respectfully. I will say, it makes me happy that one of my go to sources, the BBC, is consistently the most trusted by all groups.

4. For those of you who said some version of "no" I am genuinely interested in what that means to you. Perhaps you ascribe the term "media" to a particular thing, as mentioned in number two above? Do you disbelieve everything you see and hear? What is your reality/worldview, etc. I am fascinated by the idea that someone could disregard all information as false or artificially contrived. If it is inappropriate for the forum, please message me. No judgement, just curiosity.

5. Finally, I would like to reiterate how I feel.
panda-gets-hit-by-truck.gif

Then show me a picture of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville on that day and prove to me I am wrong.

Holy crap! Even if that is her it doesn't matter. What she was wearing, what she weighed or whether or not she smoked doesn't prove she wasn't hit and killed by the car. You think she just happened to have a heart attack at the same time and it was unrelated to the car?

Then show me a picture of Heather Heyer in Charlottesville on that day and prove to me I am wrong.
You can't prove you're right. I googled "Heather Heyer on day of protest" and came up with hundreds of photos. The one you posted didn't even come up. So I can share one of those photos, but I can't prove it's exactly her on that day just like you can't prove that the one you shared is her.

I did the same, when you posted that picture and claimed it was Heather. When I realized the only websites promoting that picture were white supremacist sites calling her a "fat pig" and ranting on about the "Heather hoax", I concluded that there is no proof that is actually a picture of Heather.

You can't blindly believe everything you Google. You have to look at where it comes from!

The fact that you didn't even bother to look and see where the picture came from is even worse. It shows you're not at all interested in checking your sources.

CNN asked Heather's family for a picture. The family provided one.

And in any case, it's disgusting anyone would have an ounce less sympathy for her if she was fat and a smoker, than they would if she was thin and never touched a ciggie in her life. It's even more disgusting that some people want to use the rumour that she was fat and smoked as a means of discrediting mainstream news reports about her death and giving credence to neo-Nazi websites!

Edited to add: I just googled "Bob Dylan". This picture popped up about halfway down the page:

kesha-brian-fest-2015-performance-billboard-650.jpg

Is this proof Bob Dylan is actually Ke$ha? Is Bob Dylan trans? Why don't mainstream sites use this picture when they're writing about Bob Dylan? Who's been lying to us??? :laughing:

She knew exactly where the picture came from. She's been using the same talking points as that site so it's highly doubtful that she didn't read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!