Do you trust Magical Epress to deliver your luggage?

For those of you who have had bags delivered late at night: did you ask them to deliver your bags as soon as they arrive, no matter the time, or do they just do it as standard even if that means they wake you at 2am? Can you request that they hold your bags at Bell Services after, say, 11pm?

We have always picked up our luggage and taken the ME Bus. It really was never that big of a deal and we felt we had our stuff. BUT this trip in April we said lets try it because the reviews have really been mostly positive. We had a very early Southwest flight and we knew the rooms would not be ready and that was ok. Of course it was perfect, we got the text at 1 that our room was ready and when we returned at 3 the luggage was waiting in our room no hassle. We have never had a problem returning home while using the airport luggage drop off at the resort. I can see if you had later flight and wanted your clothes then I would pick up the luggage and bring it with you to bell services we went there anyway for our carry ons. I did as a precaution carry on my bathing suit. I also separated some outfits in each suitcase so one person didn't go with out clothes just in case but I do that anyway on any flight. Try it out it really is a wonderful feature.

In all of my dozens of trips now I have never once had a problem with DME and my luggage. It really is a wonderful feature! We usually only have 2 bags to have delivered but it has never once been a problem for us. We do always arrive very early in the morning so I don't have experience with bags arriving very late at night. I have to say it is really a great service!

Never had an issue. Well small one this trip - took 8 hours to get luggage 4/14/2018. At 1am. They said the airline didn't get the luggage to them 'in a timely manner,' and it had been a problem "recently." Who knows, maybe it was just us - things happen.

we had a similar issue on 4/7 - our flight landed at 9am. got back to the resort at 10pm - no bags. bell services was right behind us, but only had our carryons. about 30m later they came back with our checked bags and said they'd just been delivered to the resort. he also mentioned that they'd been having staffing issues.

every other time we've used it, we've had no problems. considering it a blip and we'll use it in the future, but may be more proactive about tucking a few more essentials into our carryons.

I worry about this too, but didn't have a problem during either of our two trips in the past couple years.

Never had an issue on my many trips. I've even had two trips where I had to make copy luggage tags just plain white paper and bags didn't have any problems

I don't trust ME to deliver bags in a reasonable amount of time when arriving in the PM. We're 0 for 2 in getting bags delivered quickly for later arrivals.

1st trip had us arriving late (9:30pm). We were still in the delivery window, and I had thought that the bags might arrive within an hour or so of us reaching our resort (AaA). Around 1am, some of us were still needing supplies to go to bed (contact solution, PJs, etc), so we called. At 2am, the bags arrived. And we had a 9am breakfast at SuperCali... at GF. Not the best start to our vacation.

2nd trip I thought we would be safer. We were originally due to land at 6pm, but delays pushed it back to 7pm landing. We go to dinner and still no bags at 10pm. Around 11pm, we called (stayed at BWV) and had the bags delivered in 5 - 10 min.

In my opinion, unless you're arriving early, just bring the bags on the bus yourself.

For those of you who have had bags delivered late at night: did you ask them to deliver your bags as soon as they arrive, no matter the time, or do they just do it as standard even if that means they wake you at 2am? Can you request that they hold your bags at Bell Services after, say, 11pm?
I just take them to myself if I arrive after 6pm. I don't want to wait for the next day because I don't want to carry on things I'll need for the morning, and I don't want them delivering in the middle of the night. I'm usually tired after a flight, and I want my kid to settle down and sleep.

Yes. i trust they will do just fine. but, I do worry about what if they dont. therefore, nothing goes in those bags that can't be replaced.

I do trust that they will deliver my luggage...eventually. In my experience it takes a while, so I would take anything I need immediately in a separate bag. Otherwise I don't worry that there will be a serious problem or that my bag will get lost.

I don't trust anyone but me to handle luggage. We're 2 people and a kid, book offsite most of the time, and only carry on luggage for our flights to Orlando. The only thing we gate check is a stroller and/or carseat, and it comes right back to us on the jetway rather than to the carousel.

Booking offsite allows us to find something with in-room laundry to clean stuff up mid-stay, meaning we don't necessarily need to bring a ton of clothes. Also, in the absolute worst case scenario, I realize that being in Orlando means I'm still in America, and I can get ANYTHING I need in an emergency. New phone? Apple Store/Best Buy. New clothes? Walmart or Target or Outlet store. Toiletries? Almost anywhere.

Two carry-on sized luggage rollers go overhead, 2 backpacks go under the seats, and the diaper bag goes in front of the kid's seat (we splurge even though it's still eligible to be a lap child).

Not after our last terrible experience. We will have our luggage with us on our upcoming trip.

Yes, you can call and have your bags held until the morning. If you don't they will bring them regardless of the time.

I don't trust anyone but me to handle luggage. We're 2 people and a kid, book offsite most of the time, and only carry on luggage for our flights to Orlando. The only thing we gate check is a stroller and/or carseat, and it comes right back to us on the jetway rather than to the carousel.

Booking offsite allows us to find something with in-room laundry to clean stuff up mid-stay, meaning we don't necessarily need to bring a ton of clothes. Also, in the absolute worst case scenario, I realize that being in Orlando means I'm still in America, and I can get ANYTHING I need in an emergency. New phone? Apple Store/Best Buy. New clothes? Walmart or Target or Outlet store. Toiletries? Almost anywhere.

Two carry-on sized luggage rollers go overhead, 2 backpacks go under the seats, and the diaper bag goes in front of the kid's seat (we splurge even though it's still eligible to be a lap child).

Don’t really see the relevance of this response. If you stay offsite, then you aren’t using Disney’s Magical Express are you?

Of course we do. Thousands, of not millions do. Without issue. I'd trust them before I trust the airline. And since you've already put your bags in the trust of the airline even before ME takes over, I'm not sure why we're even talking about it

I don't trust ME to deliver bags in a reasonable amount of time when arriving in the PM. We're 0 for 2 in getting bags delivered quickly for later arrivals.

1st trip had us arriving late (9:30pm). We were still in the delivery window, and I had thought that the bags might arrive within an hour or so of us reaching our resort (AaA). Around 1am, some of us were still needing supplies to go to bed (contact solution, PJs, etc), so we called. At 2am, the bags arrived. And we had a 9am breakfast at SuperCali... at GF. Not the best start to our vacation.

2nd trip I thought we would be safer. We were originally due to land at 6pm, but delays pushed it back to 7pm landing. We go to dinner and still no bags at 10pm. Around 11pm, we called (stayed at BWV) and had the bags delivered in 5 - 10 min.

In my opinion, unless you're arriving early, just bring the bags on the bus yourself.
First trip, did you land at 9:30, or did you arrive at the resort at 9:30? Luggage is typically delivered within three hours of arrival at your resort. If you landed at 9:30, you probably got to AoA around 10:30-11, which makes a 2 AM luggage delivery on point. Items needed for the first 24 hours at a destination (even home, as Transportation Moderator goofy4tink can relate) should always be carried in the cabin with you. transportation

Now, if you were at the resort at 9:30, yes, that's a problem.

Ditto for your second experience. Landing at 7 puts you at the resort 9-9:30. Eleven fifteen-ish luggage delivery is well within the three hours.

Of course we do. Thousands, of not millions do. Without issue. I'd trust them before I trust the airline. And since you've already put your bags in the trust of the airline even before ME takes over, I'm not sure why we're even talking about it

Millions. Two million plus every year for - on May 8 - thirteen years!

So, what do you consider the cut off time for "late". We are landing at 2:30 pm. Would like to have bags before we go to bed

I've had them deliver them many times and never had any problems. It can take a while but I make sure to pack everything I need right away (plus the usual 24 hour just-in-case stuff) in my carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!