Do you trust Magical Epress to deliver your luggage?

Everyone should pack a change of clothes and a small thing of sunscreen in their carryon, in case the airline misplaces their checked bags.

I prefer to carry as little as I can onto the plane. If they lose my luggage, I'll just go shopping. Another good reason to grab my own bags, then I'll know right away if they've lost them. Thanks though.

Another person here saying bag service has been perfect for me. I love getting off the bus at the resort - dropping my backpack carry-on at Bell Services (assuming room is not yet ready as I usually land at MCO before 10 am) - and getting in the bus line to a park. Come back in the evening - swing by the gift shop/food court to pick up any drinks/snacks I want in the room I didn't bring with me - and find my carry-on and checked bag waiting for me in my room. Easy peasy start to a trip.

In the winter - I might need to change clothes either at the airport or at the resort before I give my carry-on to Bell Services - but its usually just the switching to leggings or shorts from jeans. And if I need a heavy jacket at home to get to the airport without freezing - I put that in the checked bag once I'm inside at my home airport before I give them my bag to check.

And its easy to request extra baggage tags if you know you are going to need them in advance.

In the past we have always picked up our luggage and taken it on the bus with us. Just checking a small bag with liquids and hate to waste the time since it's only weekend.Would like to hear your experiences good or bad.

thanks
We have never had an issue. Our flights get in by around 10 am and most times we have our luggage before we unpack our carryons. Also, most times our room has been ready too which is nice.

I prefer to carry as little as I can onto the plane. If they lose my luggage, I'll just go shopping. Another good reason to grab my own bags, then I'll know right away if they've lost them. Thanks though.

Looks like your flights would be less than half the length of mine, from your location info.

If my flight gets in at an earlier hour, I’ve gotten up at 1am. I want to have different clothes on immediately, even pretending like Seattle and Orlando weather aren’t different. If I’m going to go shopping I’m not wearing my plane clothes for it.

If my flight leaves at a decent hour I’m getting in nearing 7pm. I have NO interest in shopping for everything at that point to replace a delayed bag. (And since a “list” bag is usually just a delayed bag, I’m not replacing everything anyway, so that’s two trips if it turns out to be actually lost).

As for sunscreen, get a 3oz bottle for each 311 baggie your party is carrying, decant sunscreen into it, and you’re ready to go, sunscreen-wise. :)

I always pick up my bags. Not because I don’t trust them but because we often get lucky to get rooms early and I like having my bags to unpack right away. Mco luggage used to take forever to get on carousel but they have improved it greatly. Rarely have to wait more than 10 min.

Our JetBlue flight always arrives at 9:30 PM ;)

We need our bags - 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons
So DH gets the 2 suitcases DW gets the 2 carry-ons
We do not over pack, and do laundry during our WDW vacation mid week.
Then we go to the DME desk on the other side of the airport from JetBlue and ask our 2 suitcases to be placed in the bus luggage compartment. We tip $10 for the 2 suitcases when we arrive at our resort about 11:30 pm.

If you arrive before noon - you will get your luggage delivered to your room by dinner time. :)
If you arrive in the late afternoon or later - get ready for a 8 PM or later luggage arrival in your room. Expect a 4 - 8 hour arrival time for your luggage to be sorted and driven to your resort.:drive:

Hmm I generally do trust it, but we did have one bad experience. Two years ago we had a flight that landed around 6PM, I wanna say, and we didn't get our luggage delivered until 1AM. But we have used ME many times, and that was the only instance of something like that happening

Already stated before but the late flights mean your luggage may arrive well past midnight. We learned this the hard way. Now we pack sleep stuff and maybe a change of clothes in our carry ons. OR we pack lighter and just carry on and was a load while we are there.
But yes, I trust MDE!

We’ve had no issues either and have used them dozens of times. In fact, on our last trip in February our luggage was delivered very quickly to our room. No complaints.

We used it once and everything was fine except we had to wait around 5 hours after getting to our room before we received it. Considering we got to our room at 7:30 PM and were exhausted from traveling, it wasn't the greatest thing waiting until 12:30 AM to get our luggage, but that was a lesson learned. Just be sure to have necessities in your carry-on.

That works for some people, but many more don't have this option, by either choice or necessity.

That works for me. And I'm not going to come on here and tell anyone else what they "should" be doing. I was just saying what I prefer to do.

Looks like your flights would be less than half the length of mine, from your location info.

If my flight gets in at an earlier hour, I’ve gotten up at 1am. I want to have different clothes on immediately, even pretending like Seattle and Orlando weather aren’t different. If I’m going to go shopping I’m not wearing my plane clothes for it.

If my flight leaves at a decent hour I’m getting in nearing 7pm. I have NO interest in shopping for everything at that point to replace a delayed bag. (And since a “list” bag is usually just a delayed bag, I’m not replacing everything anyway, so that’s two trips if it turns out to be actually lost).

As for sunscreen, get a 3oz bottle for each 311 baggie your party is carrying, decant sunscreen into it, and you’re ready to go, sunscreen-wise. :)

And that's what you prefer to do. I never told anyone what they should be doing. I told them what I do. I prefer to grab my own luggage and not pack a whole bunch of stuff in my carry-on. You're more cautious, good for you.

Never had an issue. Well small one this trip - took 8 hours to get luggage 4/14/2018. At 1am. They said the airline didn't get the luggage to them 'in a timely manner,' and it had been a problem "recently." Who knows, maybe it was just us - things happen.

We have used it the last 5 trips, but we did have a problem last summer. Our flight landed late (had to divert to Tampa due to weather) so we didn’t get our bags until around 2AM. However, one bag was missing. According to ME crew there was some issue at MCO and they were holding our bag for some reason. We finally got it the next night while in the parks. ME was great though they gave us a coupon for some shoes and gave us toothbrushes. Overall they handled it as well as they could and made us happy with their guest recovery!

I love the luggage service! I hate that on our next trip we're arriving in the evening and will be too tired to wait. We may do carry-on only for that trip, so it may be a moot point anyway.

We have used the service successfully many, many times with great results....bags usually arrived at our room within an hour of us checking in. That was until our last trip. Our flight arrived at 7pm, we were checked in and inside our room by 8:30pm but our bags didn't show up until 2am. Starting around 11:30pm I called luggage services to see if they knew where my bags were and I was told that they were on the truck and should be at the resort within 30 minutes. Didn't happen, I called again around 1am and got a totally different answer. The second CM said that as soon as the truck arrived he would find my bags and send out immediately. So after that experience we decided that we will not use the service in future unless our plane arrives by 4pm at the very latest but if there is one more bad experience we will be completely done with it.

BTW....yes, I was 100% aware that I could have had them hold my bags until the morning but I wanted them right away so that I knew they were not missing and I wanted to unpack ASAP.

BTW....yes, I was 100% aware that I could have had them hold my bags until the morning but I wanted them right away so that I knew they were not missing and I wanted to unpack ASAP.
While the misinformation about your luggage location/timing is frustrating, chances are the reason it was on the truck so late (if you believe that's where it was) is an airline misdirection.

While the misinformation about your luggage location/timing is frustrating, chances are the reason it was on the truck so late (if you believe that's where it was) is an airline misdirection.
I asked if that was the case and the CM said no, the bags were picked up at 7-something pm which was in line with our flight arrival. This was the second CM that I spoke with and he read off a time line of when the tags were scanned.

We've used it many times with no problems at all, but we always fly in as early as possible in the morning. We pack a change of clothes in our backpacks, change at the resort, check our backpacks and head to the parks. Our bags have always been in our room by the time we got back to get ready for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter