Do you think that

Floridaman999

Livin' the life
Sometimes you gotta just ask yourself, "Is it me?".

Do you have that friend or acquaintance that seems to always get themselves into things and then they wonder how it happened? Over and over and over again?

I almost feel sorry for them, but it seems self inflicted, so maybe that's what they're going for.

Thoughts?

I am so done with people that live in perpetual state of duress and OMG emergency every day. I know some people like this and you know what..
change your freaking life and break the damn crazy cycle you live in. Some people feed off that drama and stress and constantly sharing trying to get attention and people feel bad for them.

I am so done with people that live in perpetual state of duress and OMG emergency every day. I know some people like this and you know what..
change your freaking life and break the damn crazy cycle you live in. Some people feed off that drama and stress and constantly sharing trying to get attention and people feel bad for them.
I was going to put together a response but this pretty much sums it up.

I know someone who’s been in this type of cycle for 30 years and the thing is they really don’t seem to recognize that they’ve made their own circumstances. It’s always something or someone else’s fault they’re in the position they’re in when HOLY CRAP it is NOT. Have a look in the mirror and own your life choices because nothing will change until you do. The worst part is this cycle they’re in is being passed down to the next generation.

I'm glad it's not just me who has someone like this in their life in some way. It is sad and infuriating all at the same time.

They always seem to react like they just don't understand what happened and ask why so and so is being so mean to them. If it happens again and again, maybe it's time to realize that it might just be you and not everyone else.

They always seem to react like they just don't understand what happened and ask why so and so is being so mean to them. If it happens again and again, maybe it's time to realize that it might just be you and not everyone else.

I really don't engage anymore. The victim personality will not ever change and that kind of person believes it's everyone else fault for their problems and issues.
So many people live on the drama train that even Jerry Springer wouldn't want to drive.

My crazy racist, bigot bil is like that. Everything is someone else’s fault. He refuses to take any of the blame. I finally told my husband I don’t even want to hear his name. The stories are all the same and it all just gets my blood boiling.

I really am starting to think it's all an act and they're doing it for attention and a reaction. I just can't bring myself to believe that a person could be so darn clueless.

Choices have consequences. Bad choices often result in bad consequences. It shouldn’t be that hard to figure out and take action to break the cycle, but I know people who won’t do it. I can’t feel sorry for them when they just do one stupid thing after another, yet act as if life just isn’t fair to them. Snap out of it!

Choices have consequences. Bad choices often result in bad consequences. It shouldn’t be that hard to figure out and take action to break the cycle, but I know people who won’t do it. I can’t feel sorry for them when they just do one stupid thing after another, yet act as if life just isn’t fair to them. Snap out of it!
I really am starting to think they just get off on the drama. They seem to love being in a perpetual state of drama. Almost like it fuels their reason for living. Snap out of it indeed.

I really am starting to think they just get off on the drama. They seem to love being in a perpetual state of drama. Almost like it fuels their reason for living. Snap out of it indeed.
:scratchin You might be right to a point, but I know several people who actually believe everybody lives like they do. They genuinely cannot understand what makes their life different than mine (for example) and have told me more than once I must just be so lucky. Umm, no - I actively manage my attitudes, activities and behavior to achieve the desired outcome. Certain events in life and the conduct of others may be beyond our control but how one reacts/responds is not.

:scratchin You might be right to a point, but I know several people who actually believe everybody lives like they do. They genuinely cannot understand what makes their life different than mine (for example) and have told me more than once I must just be so lucky. Umm, no - I actively manage my attitudes, activities and behavior to achieve the desired outcome. Certain events in life and the conduct of others may be beyond our control but how one reacts/responds is not.
Oh my gosh, the “so lucky” thing makes me furious!

Oh my gosh, the “so lucky” thing makes me furious!
It's really "no skin off" for me but I sure do wish I could make them understand. There are people very, very dear to me that could have way better (IMO) lives if they just tweaked some things. :sad1:

Yep and if you help them out of one jam, they just are back in the exact same spot in a few weeks, months or days even. Don’t want to listen to advise but don’t mind asking for help at all.

It's really "no skin off" for me but I sure do wish I could make them understand. There are people very, very dear to me that could have way better (IMO) lives if they just tweaked some things. :sad1:
This person is very close to me and she uses it almost like a weapon. Somehow I’ve become the bad guy because I made and continue to make better life choices. There is seething resentment there on her part. Intellectually I know that there’s nothing I can do about it but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crushed by some of the things said. I spent more time than I’d like to admit trying to figure out how going about my life hurt her in any way.

Yep and if you help them out of one jam, they just are back in the exact same spot in a few weeks, months or days even. Don’t want to listen to advise but don’t mind asking for help at all.
Yeah, I learned this lesson well. Stopped “helping” a long time ago. It just becomes an enabling situation after awhile.

Sometimes you gotta just ask yourself, "Is it me?".

Do you have that friend or acquaintance that seems to always get themselves into things and then they wonder how it happened? Over and over and over again?

I almost feel sorry for them, but it seems self inflicted, so maybe that's what they're going for.

Thoughts?

Some people just have a pattern of making bad decisions over and over again. People like that never change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter