Do you think it's fair...

Since it is their resort and the buildings are "closer", I think it is fair. Now, for us, it is not worth paying the extra $ for the "convienence".

Here's what happened to my parents: I bought them a trip for Christmas/Anniversary present to All Stars Music. My dad is a "very large" man to put it nicely. Well, they arrived before their room was ready, huffed and puffed through Epcot the whole day, and then went back to the resort. Wouldn't you know it that their room was in the Country section - one of the last (if not, the last - I've never been to All Stars). My poor dad (has a heart condition), was sweating and panting the entire walk. He whispered to my mom that if he had to do this walk every day, he'd collapse. Upon reaching their destination, the wonderful Cast Member made a phone call, said she'd be right back, and had them wait. She got a motorized cart, picked them and their luggage up, and brought them to their new room in the Jazz section. She said this normally is a preferred view - but never charged them for the upgrade.

Had I known their was such a thing, I would have paid the ten dollars. My dad's health is worth it!

Originally posted by Tuffcookie
Just imagine if you made ressies for ASMu, and say you requested the Jazz Bldg, and they told you all buildings were filled except the Calypso. I guess you would be offered an"upgrade" to Calypso then and not be charged extra.

TC :cool:

When we called to book ASMO we asked for a quote for 5 nights. They told us that all that was available was preferred rooms and quoted us the price, with the "extra" added in (so no upgrade). I was disappointed because I really didnt want Fantasia, not to mention I was looking for a cheap trip. Then we asked about 6 nights and suddenly a standard room was open...for only $24.00 more than the 5 nights in the preferred! Guess what we took? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter