Do you think it would be acceptable to request that they extend my annual pass an additional week?

ladybugx

Mouseketeer
I have a preferred pass that was originally set to expire April 7th. The pandemic hit and I never got to use it one more final time before beginning intense studying for an important board exam I am taking July 13th in Jacksonville. I was really hoping since I'd already be two hours away that I would get a chance to drive down to Orlando the day after I take the exam and enjoy one more trip to the parks before I begin my clinicals and won't have another chance to go for probably years. Just my luck, they're adding exactly 3 months to passes and mine will expire July 7th. Do you think there is any use in sending in an email explaining the situation and seeing if they will add one more week to my pass?

I have a preferred pass that was originally set to expire April 7th. The pandemic hit and I never got to use it one more final time before beginning intense studying for an important board exam I am taking July 13th in Jacksonville. I was really hoping since I'd already be two hours away that I would get a chance to drive down to Orlando the day after I take the exam and enjoy one more trip to the parks before I begin my clinicals and won't have another chance to go for probably years. Just my luck, they're adding exactly 3 months to passes and mine will expire July 7th. Do you think there is any use in sending in an email explaining the situation and seeing if they will add one more week to my pass?

Why not just send them an email and ask?

It would take you a few minutes and you’d get an answer. I have great faith in Universals CS, hopefully you’ll get a positive response.

Why not just send them an email and ask?

It would take you a few minutes and you’d get an answer. I have great faith in Universals CS, hopefully you’ll get a positive response.
I guess I'm really just seeking opinions on whether it would be acceptable to do this or whether it would be an insufferably entitled request to make. Thanks for your reply :)

I guess I'm really just seeking opinions on whether it would be acceptable to do this or whether it would be an insufferably entitled request to make. Thanks for your reply :)

Of course it’s not entitled.

I‘m sure folks have asked for a lot more. Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.

I think plead your case. Good luck. Have you used UORs on line chat to check the expiry date?

Of course it’s not entitled.

I‘m sure folks have asked for a lot more. Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.
Thank you, I will provide an update :)

Requests, if done politely, shouldn't be viewed as entitled unless one crosses the line into a demand. I think you are fine making this request and hope you get some pixie dust. Good luck on your board exam!
Thank you :) I certainly need it...studying during a pandemic and the rest of the chaos that has been 2020 has been challenging!

I think plead your case. Good luck. Have you used UORs on line chat to check the expiry date?
Yes, I used the chat earlier today, which was when I was told the expiration date was now July 7th. I responded "Bummer! I won't be able to make it 'til the 14th. Well, thank you for checking for me!" She just said you're welcome unfortunately lol.

I think lots of people missed their vacation window with their annual passes when the pandemic hit. I think Universal will try to be as accommodating as possible. I would call the annual pass line and not use the online chat.

I agree with the recommendation to call and ask letting them know your circumstances. Anecdotal story (not to be construed as USO policy): I know someone who called customer service and told them their circumstances (this was a couple of years ago), and they were granted a week extension. Of course, if you always keep renewing each year, it wouldn't really matter, but yeah, I know it has been done before.

Glad to hear there's some precedent for them doing this! I already sent an email, so I'll wait to hear back on that and if they deny the request, I will give calling a shot. I would normally say it's in their interest to grant the extension since I'll go and spend money in the parks that way but otherwise will just find some other way to celebrate being done with my exam. Given the reduced capacity, that's probably not true though!

Good to hear.

I know I have said this in many threads - but UO has gone above in beyond with customer service in this situation.
I cant imagine Disney would be as accommodating, but I am also no following that side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter