Do you think DVC should be a little more open to people moving dates without penalty because of corona?

If I end up having to cancel a reservation and I am before my banking deadline I can still bank since it would the first time those points were banked correct?
Yes if You cancel before your banking deadline you can bank your points. Have in mind it’s only with the current covid-19 issue you are allowed to cancel less than 31 days without points going into holding. Once in holding you can’t bank the points.

Just called MS. Wait time was pretty short. I canceled my April trip and they said that they have just stopped putting borrowed points back in the next UY. I should have called this morning. Luckily I was able to apply my banked/borrowed points towards future reservations in my UY, but that's also assuming those will still happen... None of the points went into holding, and my banking deadline isn't here yet, so they didn't have to bank for me.
That’s exactly what they did for me yesterday. They didn’t return my borrowed points to their original UY, but they reallocated my points and put the borrowed existing reservations I have next January. I also haven’t reached my banking deadline so the points I was gonna use in January I can now bank to replace my borrowed points that couldn’t be returned.

If I end up having to cancel a reservation and I am before my banking deadline I can still bank since it would the first time those points were banked correct?
Yes so long as those points for that cancelled reservation weren’t borrowed.

Yes so long as those points for that cancelled reservation weren’t borrowed.

I think some were borrowed accidentally. Completely my fault but as we were expecting to go in June I wasn't worried. I wonder now if I could call to get them to reallocate the points just in case the parks aren't reopened. Some of these points are points we tried to use last fall when we had to evacuate from HHI due to the hurricane. MS did lots of corrections to make us whole then so I have lost track of where the points came from.

I think some were borrowed accidentally. Completely my fault but as we were expecting to go in June I wasn't worried. I wonder now if I could call to get them to reallocate the points just in case the parks aren't reopened. Some of these points are points we tried to use last fall when we had to evacuate from HHI due to the hurricane. MS did lots of corrections to make us whole then so I have lost track of where the points came from.

If the borrowed points are back in your account, and you have a reservation in the same UY already, and membership, you can get them swapped out yourself,

Just modify that reservation, don’t change a thing, and follow it to the end. Even if it doesn’t seem to take the points, it will once you confirm,

It would then free up current UY points for you!

If the borrowed points are back in your account, and you have a reservation in the same UY already, and membership, you can get them swapped out yourself,

Just modify that reservation, don’t change a thing, and follow it to the end. Even if it doesn’t seem to take the points, it will once you confirm,

Thank you! Learn something here every day!

That’s exactly what I did! So even though my 2021 borrowed points remain in 2020, my freed up 2020 points can now be banked since my borrowed points took their place. It’s so complicated but it can work haha

That’s exactly what I did! So even though my 2021 borrowed points remain in 2020, my freed up 2020 points can now be banked since my borrowed points took their place. It’s so complicated but it can work haha

Yeah! I guess all of this has taught me a lesson, and that having multiple UY's so I am always traveling within my banking window is a good thing. I am selling my June UY BWV contract...just waiting on buyer to return signed contract when they get home from vacation...and going to rebuy BLT. I was thinking of getting it to match my Dec UY, but maybe I should stick with a 3rd one to be sure the entire year is covered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter