Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with you regarding the food at DW, and told them so in a survey I took about EPCOT , I will say the taco is a good meal, it's not just one taco and its shredded beef, it was a tasteful change from most of the QS restaraunts, that and the BBQ at Flame Tree are really good, IMO. PS: Food is one of my top interests at DW also and I'm 6'1" - 185lbs

Maybe I'll give it a chance, on your recommendation! It must be "some" taco however to warrant such an exuberant price! I have to admit, I didn't try it. I could not see my way fit, to spend so much! I'll let you know in May......:rolleyes: Thanks for the info! pirate:

Oh, and seeing as it appears "important", I'm 5'10" and 183. So much for that theory, eh? :yay:

Why does it surprise you that people expect quality food when they are paying quality prices? What do you place emphasis on at WDW, just rides/attractions?
If you're inferring that I am overweight because I expect good food, think again. I'm 5'4" and wear a size 4-6.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That, warrants two!!! pirate:

Do I think Disney is going downhill? No.

I think operating costs have gone way up for them. I think the cost of getting food to prepare has gone up. I think rides are getting both older and more complicated. I think more people are coming, which makes it harder for them to get major maintenance done.

I think they still do a great job. They made some good product upgrades to Illuminations to improving timing. I think FLE is going to be amazing. I think Main Street looks great. I think some of the Next Gen stuff(Talking Mickey, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom) are really cool. And I think the CM's are still great.

They deal with the hand their dealt. And I still think they do a great job.

It is a shame that Disney serves food that I honestly would equate to the Golden Corral Buffet.

I really like the golden corral. What I have a problem with is the fact you pay about 5 times as much at disney. Of course I never had a buffet at disney, I could never get past the sticker shock. Plus we never do the free dining,just couldn't find value there!:confused3

It must be!:banana:

Silly me, worrying about getting value for my money! :woohoo:

Another "strange" "sign of the times", that so little emphasis is put on being concerned with what a person receives for every dollar they spend!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

When you talk about Boardwalk Concierge and worrying about getting value for your money I can’t really take that seriously. I think you are being silly. :thumbsup2

Do I think Disney is going downhill? No.

I think operating costs have gone way up for them. I think the cost of getting food to prepare has gone up. I think rides are getting both older and more complicated. I think more people are coming, which makes it harder for them to get major maintenance done.

I think they still do a great job. They made some good product upgrades to Illuminations to improving timing. I think FLE is going to be amazing. I think Main Street looks great. I think some of the Next Gen stuff(Talking Mickey, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom) are really cool. And I think the CM's are still great.

They deal with the hand their dealt. And I still think they do a great job.

Just not true. Theme park profits up double digits...think 35% was last report. What is driving this? Not attendance which has been flat or up low single digits. Food and beverage and ticket prices is driving their profit. A calculated decision to increase prices and decrease quality. Why? Movies and merchandise has been down so theme parks compensating.

We noticed the food quality issues this fall. We also noticed this heavy garlic seasoning throughout the property that was killing us! Who puts garlic on turkey? LTT...made me think it was masking the meats taste.

We love Disney but noticed the food decline.

When you talk about Boardwalk Concierge and worrying about getting value for your money I can’t really take that seriously. I think you are being silly. :thumbsup2

Basically, I don't get your point. Beyond the thinly veiled snarkiness, which passes muster only with the mods, seems I struck a nerve with you! :rotfl2:

How easy was that??:rotfl:

Just not true. Theme park profits up double digits...think 35% was last report. What is driving this? Not attendance which has been flat or up low single digits. Food and beverage and ticket prices is driving their profit. A calculated decision to increase prices and decrease quality. Why? Movies and merchandise has been down so theme parks compensating.

We noticed the food quality issues this fall. We also noticed this heavy garlic seasoning throughout the property that was killing us! Who puts garlic on turkey? LTT...made me think it was masking the meats taste.

That's what's amazing to me Holly! That honest sensible people see these things and tell it like it is! It almost reminds me of those old Carnival Cruise Lines ads in magazines where they showed this awesome "midnight buffet" with lobster tails galore! When I finally got to see it for real, it was all garnish and the lobsters, were 1/2 pounders.

While I guess some people have an aversion to paying more for less, some people still expect something for what they pay for. Disney has always been known for their great food choices, as well as extravagant topiary and magic! I go to a Disney restaurant expecting expensive but great food! Lately,only half of that expectation is consistently being met.

And that, is unfortunate.

Wow, it seems strange to me that so much emphasis is placed upon the food offerings. I suppose it's a sign of the times. :thumbsup2

I guess you are right, how dare I expect to be served some what decent food for my $1300.00 per week for a family of four(DDP). After all, we all know WDW does not put any emphasis on their food and the dining experience in their advertisments or website. We all know it's only about a mouse, a pirate, a few other animated characters brought to life and a bunch of rides. I guess I should just smile and say, "thank you may I have another." :confused3

I may get blasted for this, especially on the DIS; I love WDW, but it is no longer an absoulte in our vacation plans. We did not go last year, and though I am recovering from some personal injuries from an accident, I'm finally feeling well enough to travel and it don't look like WDW is part of the plans again this year.

I agree about the slip. While I have had nothing but exceptional service at the resorts, I have noticed the food quality is not at all what it once was. It seems standardized throughout the property so you are paying different amounts for the same food. And example was a few years back ... we had the much raved about Tonga Toast at the Poly for breakfast one morning. Another morning we had the exact same breakfast at Boatwrights at POR although the cost and name were different.

Another thing I've noticed is the castmembers on rides. You may still get lucky and get an exemplary cast member who is playing the part at that particular ride (i.e. haunted mansion or tower of terror) but most likely you are getting a teenager who is more interested in chatting with co-workers than in doing their job. Just like at any other amusement park in America.

Considering the prices we pay for an experience as well as a vacation, I am very disappointed with the downward spiral I've experienced in the level of quality and service at Disney.

That being said, there is still no place I'd rather vacation. It would never prevent me from enjoying Disney World, but it's disappointing just the same.

I think WDW has gone downhill since the 70s. The parks are not as clean as in the past, I used to see people sweeping all over the parks, now I rarely see this. They used to keep the doors open on main street and you could feel the cold a/c on the sidewalk, now the stores often are on the warmer side. Many of the new rides seem not to have the same quality , the Pooh ride is an example, that ride is a disappointment except maybe for preschoolers. My daughter, who has been to all of the Disney Parks around the world, says the Tokyo Disney Resort is the now the way WDW used to be.

I guess you are right, how dare I expect to be served some what decent food for my $1300.00 per week for a family of four(DDP). After all, we all know WDW does not put any emphasis on their food and the dining experience in their advertisments or website. We all know it's only about a mouse, a pirate, a few other animated characters brought to life and a bunch of rides. I guess I should just smile and say, "thank you may I have another." :confused3

I may get blasted for this, especially on the DIS; I love WDW, but it is no longer an absoulte in our vacation plans. We did not go last year, and though I am recovering from some personal injuries from an accident, I'm finally feeling well enough to travel and it don't look like WDW is part of the plans again this year.

I hope you continue to feel better.

It is obvious that disney has drastically increased prices. I have not seen the TEA numbers yet but it will be interesting to see if they had an increase in attendance or less attendance like in 2010.

Hey Goofy!

I am so glad to hear you're doing better! We were worried there for a while...

We have been just talking about this very thing on our last trip. Funny, we are starting to see things we've never seen before. Just after our menu shock at the Mexico Counter Service place, we walked past the new Mexican restaurant and there is a beverage stand directly next to it. While we were discussing the "taco price" we overheard this guest yelling at the CM: "expletive expletive it is how expletive much???" "no expletive way am I paying that!!!"

Now, this guy was out of control and acting like a jerk, I'll give you that. But I've never seen a guest so angry over the price. He was I guess buying a soda for: $5+.

As out of control he was, Disney is getting out of control with their prices. They are finding every way to chisel every last dime out of our pocket. I know this statement gets some folks all charged up but it is what it is.

I cannot see continuing to support Disney when they are getting to the point of ripping us off. They are exploiting people who are fascinated with Disney and are taking advantage of the stigma of all things Disney. I would have to believe that Walt is turning over in his grave at present.

Worse yet, you have "some" individuals that take issue with bringing it up, that they feel just because it's "Disney", they are above the fray and are beyond reproach. And those that complain about it, are the real problems! Not the fact that we are being forced to pay $9.00+ for a substandard burger.

I've always said and I'll say it again, that it's not as much the price that is getting me, it is the lack of quality that used to be the standard. We all know how this has changed over time. First timers don't see it. But those of us who have known how it used to be and how it is now, see the difference and it's a sad thing.

Take care Goofy and hope you are feeling well!

pirate:

This is a touchy subject...

I just got back.. I was there for a week.

Overall it was great.. Disney is great.. my favorite place in the world and Im already thinking about when can I get back!! asap!

But... I felt a lot of stress from some of the cast members.. most were awesome.. only one particular event sticks out in my head and I thought about writing an email about it...

We were waiting in line to see Stitch at MK in tomorrowland... the CM cut the line right behind us.. we were the last guests to have our pic taken with him...

I would have waited anyway, would have been fine..

Stitch was being Stitch and kept walking away from the guest (child) in front of us, playing around with her.. and he was heading towards where he would go as if he was leaving... I thought at that time.. maybe he's leaving and we'll wait for him to come back in a few minutes.. So I asked the CM " Is he leaving?" his answer after he rolled his eyes at us.. He says " Not until after he is finished" and he looked at me and my friend.. as to say YOU are the last ones.. Hard to explain but it wasnt nice at all. I would never get away with giving an attitude like that at my place of work.

terrible.

I am use to the overly freindly CMs... ran into a few but most werent happy.. like they use to be :/

Also.. I mentioned in another thread...

We went to Goofys Candy Co last day to get a few big oreos made.. the ones they dip in chocolate.. and they have the little paper you fill out choose what you want on it and they make it right there.

To find out, they didnt have them anymore... The CM leaned over the counter and said... When you get your survey after vacation, mention it.. he said we dont make our own fudge anymore, we use too.. now it comes in from an outside company. We use to make the fudge inside those cookies. This is why we dont have them anymore.

I think this is a fail on disney's part.

Disney prices are going up and food quaility is going down. mass produced. I guess. Even the park maps.. paper thin. I happen to have a map from sept 2010 in my suitcase I compared to this years map. not the same.

Not a huge deal. just a few things I noticed last week.

still love it more than anything :) still no other place like it.

to add to the stitch situation...

we were so upset over the CM attitude we decided to wait till stitch came out again.. cause we felt uncomfortable with the current CM standing there, like we were being rushed...

he came out 10 mins later with another CM.. she was so sweet an older women and you could tell she loved what she was doing.. she was interacting with the guests and stitch,, she was great! and was worth waiting again to take pics with stitch.

I guess you are right, how dare I expect to be served some what decent food for my $1300.00 per week for a family of four(DDP). .
Basically, I don't get your point. Beyond the thinly veiled snarkiness, which passes muster only with the mods, seems I struck a nerve with you! :rotfl2:

:

I think, the point was "how dare you" be able to afford concierge or to PAY for DDP...AND complain. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid, you actually expect to receive quality service, food, etc....:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!