Do you think CMs will be blocked out when the parks first open?

Probably, especially since there are probably a lot of furloughed castmembers that won't be called back yet due to all the restrictions.

Our trip is July 13-July 17. My husband and I have APs, but our DD at home does not since she does not always travel with us due to her high school schedule. Our CM daughter usually uses her guest pass to bring the younger sister to the parks. I think that with a DVC reservation and APs my husband and I will be able to get park reservations, but what about our daughters?
My DD is a CM and expects to e blocked out. She is in guest relations and literally only knows what is on the website. They are all officially furloughed except for Dis Spring staff. Hoping to get more info soon. We are still going but not expecting to visit parks.

We finally go the idea to buy DD16 a one day ticket to Universal so she and her CM sister (who has a Universal AP) can have some fun together on DDcm's day off.

I don't know if this means anything, but when I made Park Pass reservations for our July trip this morning the system allowed me to make a Park Pass reservation for my CM daughter for each day of our trip. I still think she will be blocked out, but it gave me a little bit of hope.

I don't know if this means anything, but when I made Park Pass reservations for our July trip this morning the system allowed me to make a Park Pass reservation for my CM daughter for each day of our trip. I still think she will be blocked out, but it gave me a little bit of hope.

I haven't been a CM long and only have one family trip where they added me to a hotel reservation during a blockout period (and I have an AP anyway) but is it possible blockout dates don't apply to CMs when they have an onsite stay booked?

I haven't been a CM long and only have one family trip where they added me to a hotel reservation during a blockout period (and I have an AP anyway) but is it possible blockout dates don't apply to CMs when they have an onsite stay booked?
No, the blockout dates still apply. I can confirm this from personal experience.

It allowed me to make a reservation for the CM and spouse but not the guest passes. We have a hotel reservation.

The same happened to me, however, another CM called the IT line and was told that it was a system glitch and that all CM would be blocked out so even if you have a park reservation AND a resort reservation if you showed up at a park with a MG you would be denied access.

This really is wrong. We booked 3 vacations (one rescheduled 3 times) so we could spend time with our CM at the parks. We understand that she might not be able to go everyday, but we can't even buy a ticket. I have 2 emails out to Disney. We also were able to add her to our park reservations, but if they block her out I'm going to cancel all 3 vacations (2 weeks each). That is a CM benefit they are taking away. I can stay off property and save $1000 for the same type of room per vacation.

This really is wrong. We booked 3 vacations (one rescheduled 3 times) so we could spend time with our CM at the parks. We understand that she might not be able to go everyday, but we can't even buy a ticket. I have 2 emails out to Disney. We also were able to add her to our park reservations, but if they block her out I'm going to cancel all 3 vacations (2 weeks each). That is a CM benefit they are taking away. I can stay off property and save $1000 for the same type of room per vacation.

You’re not wrong at all. I don’t fully understand how it can be justified that CM can’t access the parks during this time. I get my magic from the parks just as much as anyone else. I shouldn’t be forced to buy tickets if my main perk for being a CM is theme park access. I’ve done my fair share of crying and I’m just not sure what else I can do at this point.

You’re not wrong at all. I don’t fully understand how it can be justified that CM can’t access the parks during this time. I get my magic from the parks just as much as anyone else. I shouldn’t be forced to buy tickets if my main perk for being a CM is theme park access. I’ve done my fair share of crying and I’m just not sure what else I can do at this point.
I totally understand your frustration. My daughter is close to tears also. Our trip is in less than 3 weeks, and we talked about getting her a FL AP, which is expensive for a CM on such a limited budget, we already pay for 2 AP's and a trip across country, and with no info if she would even be able to purchase an AP if we can swing it before we leave.
I will keep crossing my fingers that they do SOMETHING for the CM's since they do so much for the rest of us.

Comp tickets will be usable but will require park reservations like any other tickets. Per the HUB, any comp's that expire during the "shutdown" will be extended, but no definitive statement on how long, or to when the extension will be.

Here in Europe it is the same people working in the park have to pay as the other guests instead of using company passes.

A free / reduced entrance fee takes away from a paying guest as there is a capaciteit limot. The parks need all the money they can get.

It sucks for now but is for the best of the park, imho. It is a temporary measure, not a permanent one.

Blockout site updated today. Employee Self-Admission, Main Entrance Pass, One Day Park Hopper Guest Tickets are blocked from July 11 thru the end of September.

I’m sad about it but I’m glad now we have a calendar. I guess we can only wait and see if they open any of those dates up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts