Do you sew?

binny

do something that MATTERS!
Im just curious. I dont for the most part. I mean I can sew a button on or hem something if I have to or sew a straight line but I dont really sew.

I would be lost if I had to actually follow a pattern and I consider binding tape to be one of the greatest inventions of our time ;)

So do you sew?

I can sew a button on and that's about it. For some reason if I try to sew, things I sew turn a lovely shade of red.:confused:

Yes, and that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now. :o I'm making 12 cheerleading uniforms and some other misc. stuff for Chelsea's squad. Unfortunately, I still have almost 6 weeks to finish them, so I keep procrastinating. I'm so bad. :rolleyes:

SO does the sewing in our happy little family. i have tried to sew buttons back on and they always end up about 1/2 inch from where i started. :rolleyes:

i am hand making a quilt right now. but i do own a sewing machine. i am thinking about finishing the quilt on the machine. just taking to long...i seem to be dising too much these days and not quilting enough!

I can but I don't like to. I own a sewing maching that is a table top model. And at my dad's I have my mother's big Singer and a serger that has hardly ever been used. My mother said it relaxed her to sew, but it just makes me nervous!

Every day. An hour before I go to work in the morning. 1/2 hour at lunch and at least an hour or 2 at night if I'm able to.

I have been trying to do a challenge quilt for Keepsake quilting that has to be done and in their hands by September 9th.

I just finished the top last night and have to quilt it still. After I have sent it off for judging, I'll post a picture. One of my best works! I'm so thrilled I hope I can do it justice with the quilting.

denise

I can sew a button... that's about it. My excuse is that I don't own a sewing machine! ;)

I can sew a button... that's about it. My excuse is that I don't own a sewing machine! ;)

vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.

:p :p :p :p

I can't sew a stitch. I can't even sew a button:rolleyes: It's funny because I just asked my mother to sew 3 buttons on for me and she said no but I'll show you how. Now I have been spending my adult years trying to not learn this skill...I think I am going to have to learn soon:( Anyone want to sew my buttons;)

I've stitched up lots of kids' scalps, eyebrows, and chins, but no, I can't sew. Well, I can put a button back on, or fix a rip, but I don't even own a sewing machine . . . :o

Yep.. Clothes for my girls when they were little, doll clothes, clothes for my granddaughter, baby blankets, quilts, curtains, crafts, etc..

I really have to be in the "mood" though or everything comes out wrong - ha! :)

I sew...I enjoy craft sewing (tree skirts) more than sewing clothing.

My machine is going to the sewing maching hospital today. The tension is not working:( I will have to borrow a friend's sister's machine to finish a project for DDs preschool.

Yes! I learned at the grand old age of 21 when I first realized that most clothing manufacturers do not make clothing for 4foot eleven women with 18 inch waistlines!

I used to get a girlfriend of mine to sew for me. She could sew anything. One day she just told me NO MORE! I wanted a new outfit a week and I was wearing her out!

So she challenged me to make a little skirt and see how easy it was and do my own stuff!

I did and it was all mine after that! I actually had my own little business for awhile in the 80s back in New York. I was so good I could just look at something, go home and make it. I had regular clients and my busiest time was right before New Years and cruise season. Cruise clothes were my specialty!

Nowadays I have NO time for it. With a little boy I don't find the need also. If I had a girl I might get back into it but for now I'm back to sewing on buttons and doing hems.... ;)

Somehow I just knew you could sew, Robin. :D

That's what I do too. I look at riduculously priced dance outfits and go home and make them myself. I got a prom magazine the other day and made a really neat outfit for Chelsea to wear in Florida for auditions. The back was all made of crossing straps. It turned out great and I had a blast making it. I think Chelsea would really like me to get one of those dummys. She's getting tired of trying stuff on.

I know what you mean about the boys though. I never make anything for Craig. He's too picky anyway. It would be great if I could sew for him. He has to have a mens 28 for the length and the waist is gigantic on him. Poor little skinny stick. :rolleyes: :teeth:

I used to sew for my son all the time. When he was younger and those big plaid shorts were “in” I made a ton of them for him using homespun fabric. It was cool and a cheap way for him to have a lot to wear. In college I think he still has a pair for Pj’s . He’s as thin as anything so he can wear stuff he wore in Jr. High

I also made my daughter some coveralls with the clips and straps etc. Double stitched the edges. Some clerks in the store loved them and when my daughter told them mom had made them, they looked at me like I was green. The didn’t know anyone who sewed!

I raely make clothes now, except for quilted vests and jackets. As part of the Friday Hunk of the week, I’ll show one of my vests and purses….A Disney Theme.

denise

I'd love to see pictures of some of your quilts, Denise. I bet they are beautiful. :D

Deb, I think I'll leave the sewing skin to you. ;)

I sew a little bit, but I want to learn how to sew better. I can't sew zippers or elastic, so I can't really sew much in the way of clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter