Do you send sympathy cards? Texts? Emails? Calls?

This can depend on how you were brought up, religion, which part of the country you live in, what is your relationship with the person.

I was raised that you send a card and flowers or a plant. I prefer mailing the cards then taking to the service. This way it doesn't get missed placed or someone doesn't have to hold it or keep up with it. I was also raised that bringing food to the home to the family. I have in the last few years sent flowers or a plant to the person home a few week afterwards, just letting them know I was thinking about them.

I guess I always still send cards, then the relationship dictates what else I do. Calls to those closest for sure, but I have also sent texts/emails with offers to do specific things, like taking over the lawn cutting. Sometimes during that initial phone call the grieving family is still in shock, and if so, I send the texts/emails a few days later. I figure they can read those when they have time versus me calling so soon again while they are trying to handle all sorts of other matters. And maybe if it is in writing it won’t be as easily forgotten as a verbal offer while they are so overwhelmed. It really depends on the relationship and how the family seems to be holding up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter