Do you rake leaves in the fall?

We have a lot of leaves, DH uses a blower to make a pile and we drag them on a tarp to a compost pile in the back. Worse than leaves are the white pine needles which totally cover parts of the lawn and have to be raked (blower doesn't work on them) before the grass can be mowed.

My late in-laws house had white pines. We would have to get on the roof and get them off before we would take them off the lawn. I hated those trees.

Moved 1.5 years ago...into townhome with HOA that covers landscaping including getting up leaves. We have tiny little yards. I think they leaf blow them all into piles on street and then come around and suck up. After 18 years of raking (and the last 10 before moving here being the worst...piles and piles of leaves and acorns and sticks), I am very very happy to not have to mess with that anymore.

We used to rake which was a pain because in the backyard we have a good amount of trees plus we back up to woods; we would then mulch the leftover leaves after raking.

However, last year we got a leaf blower and that has been awesome. We just blow the leaves into the woods (on our side of the property line though) for the most part and then mulch what is left over.

Here in our area it's extremely discouraged from raking leaves into the street due to contamination, blockage, etc in the storm drain systems. They do have weekly yard waste (leaves, grass, small branches/limbs) pick up though in either yard bags or you can pay if you want to get a receptacle like you have for trash and recycling.

We have a huge oak tree. There isn't a time out of the year where that freaking thing isn't dropping some kind of crap that needs to be raked up.

Our HOA does it All. Weather impact on our bodies and mind were the Major reason we no longer deal with Any of it.
The Best decision. Blessed!

Leaf blower onto the grass then run them over with the lawn tractor which has a bagger. When thats done we pack up and move to the Florida house until late April.

we have a leaf vacuum that my dad gave us when he moved to a condo. At first I laughed at it, but is sucks up all the leaves, mulches them and we dump them into the garden and till them under. It takes 1/4 of the time, maybe less, than raking and our garden soil benefits. We do have to pick up the black walnuts that fall before we vacuum. We pay the kids $1 a pail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter