Do you prefer your home resort to others?

Do you prefer your home resort to others?

• You can usually find me at my home resort.

• I like my home resort, but prefer experiencing others.

• I don't care as long as I am in Disney!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was looking for something between the first two choices. I love my home resorts and stay there most often, but also venture out to other resorts.

Just wondering how many DVC owners stay at their home resort as opposed to the other resorts on property? We own at the AKV but have yet to stay there. We stayed at the AKL on our first Disney trip and loved it. But we usually stay at the Boardwalk.

We bought OKW in 1993 when it was the only resort available. We have stayed at BWV (don't intend to go back there unless we have no other choice), SSR, Kidani (which we liked a whole lot more than we thought we would), and VWL. I like the location of BLT but have no interest in staying there. I would like to stay at BCV some day. But I find I always have a pull back to OKW.

Our home is AKV (if you couldn't figure that out!) and we really enjoy staying there most of the time. We have stayed at SSR, OKW, BLT and AKV. We like AKV the best and really enjoyed the location of BLT. We are looking forward to our first stay at BWV in March. I anticipate eventually adding on BWV in the future, but we'll see how it goes. We were fortunate to get BW view, so I'm sure we'll love it!

I was looking at this thread and brought it up at our dinner table and it got interesting results from my family. We've been members since 2009 and have not experienced all the resorts. Nonetheless, we have stayed at BLT (home resort), Villas at Wilderness Lodge, SSR and Vero Beach.

I personally love trying the different resorts and feel each resort we've stayed at has its postives and negatives. And I truly feel it is the type of trip you are taking as to what resort may be the best. I liked SSR for the marathon weekend in January, but not sure I'd like it as much for a week trip in June. Our home resort is BLT, which I enjoy, but I'm not a huge fan of the Contemporary, which you need to utilize at various points. I love Wilderness Lodge and the lobby of the villas, but disliked the size/layout of the rooms. So there are pluses and minuses to all.

Hands down my family loved Vero Beach the most. One son loved the water slide and beach, another loved that he could make friends (which is more difficult at a Disney World resort because people are coming and going so much). We can't wait to try other resorts. 2012 we are trying Beach Club Villas and the Dream. In 2013, our hope is to try Aulani and Grand Californian.

I love BLT. It's rooms are bigger than most and the location is great. But every place we've stayed... from SSR to Wilderness... has had its advantages. I'm looking forward to mixing in staying at new and old.

Thanks for bringing this up! It was fun to discuss with my family and makes me want a vacation now!!! Too bad I'm 6 months away!

"I personally love trying the different resorts and feel each resort we've stayed at has its postives and negatives. And I truly feel it is the type of trip you are taking as to what resort may be the best. "

I completely agree...I'm a new member and I have only stayed at BWV, which I loved!!!!! We're trying SSR in January and BCV in June for a water park trip.

I am thrilled with the ability to try different resorts...the only one I probably will not is AKV...am I the only one??

We bought OKW in 1993 when it was the only resort available. We have stayed at BWV (don't intend to go back there unless we have no other choice), SSR, Kidani (which we liked a whole lot more than we thought we would), and VWL. I like the location of BLT but have no interest in staying there. I would like to stay at BCV some day. But I find I always have a pull back to OKW.

You sound like me! I love OKW, and for those naysayers who say they would NEVER stay there, I'd like to know why. I think it's the perfect combination of location, transportation, and yet feeling of home. Whenever we stay at other DVC properties (including our other home resort of AKV), we find ourselves wishing we were at OKW. It has something that just draws you in that the others don't have.

I voted with the first option, but....

I own at BCV, OKW and AKV.

Those three are probably my favs but SSR is VERY high on the list and I really enjoy staying there. The other resorts have no real appeal to me.

You sound like me! I love OKW, and for those naysayers who say they would NEVER stay there, I'd like to know why. I think it's the perfect combination of location, transportation, and yet feeling of home. Whenever we stay at other DVC properties (including our other home resort of AKV), we find ourselves wishing we were at OKW. It has something that just draws you in that the others don't have.

I remember one of your posts after returning from a stay at AKV in which you said subconciously you were feeling you were going to OKW then realized you were staying at AKV and were a little disappointed. I always feel that way when we don't stay at OKW even though we've had some lovely stays at other resorts. I don't get those who complain about the "expanse" of OKW. The bus transportation there is wonderful, and it's its own immersive experience. I may just prefer the condo-type resort to the hotel-type (although I do miss room service - tee he).

OKW is not only my home resort but also my favorite. Though it gets quite a bit of bashing, it's still often un-available, which is how I've come to try Kidani and SSR, now both new favorites along with BWV. Where I once would have answered OKW only, I find that now we book anywhere just to not only be at Disney but also because we've come to really like many of the other resorts.

Though I will say that if DVC finally decided to limit owners only to their home resort, it would not bother me a bit, I love OKW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter