Do you prefer your home resort to others?

Do you prefer your home resort to others?

• You can usually find me at my home resort.

• I like my home resort, but prefer experiencing others.

• I don't care as long as I am in Disney!

Results are only viewable after voting.
AKV, BCV, VGC are resorts we own at to stay at exclusively with 11 month booking advantage.

We use OKW at a variety of resorts, including OKW.

Our favorite resort is our home resort, OKW.

We've not stayed at Hawaii, nor HHI. We've enjoyed staying at all the DVC with the exception of the BWV (which we avoid at all costs).

We really enjoyed Kidani Village, more so than several of the other DVC resorts.

But when it's all said and done, we'll take our OKW every time.

I love all of the DVC properties and enjoy resort hopping. With the exception of BLT, we have stayed at all of them - many multiple times. I look for us to continue to hop, and I am so glad we took the opportunity to experience all of the resorts when we joined back in 2007. If DVC put a stop to non-home resort bookings, I wouldn't be disappointed that I had to book at my home resort (OKW). I would just feel a deep sense of loss of not being able to book at the others as well! :cloud9:

:) My DH, Todd is a Home Resort Purist or HRP on the Dis. So we only stay and will ever probably only stay at AKV. :rolleyes: It wou dbe nice to stay elsewhere on occasion to me...but I love him and take one for the team. :cloud9:

Could those animals out the window ever get boring? I have often thought of buying a Jimmy Buffet CD and listening to it by the pool at Kidani--just to get a feel for OKW..:laughing:

We most often stay at our home resorts. We have AKV for our spring trip, BWV for October F&W trip and VWL for our December trip. We have also stayed at OKW, BCV and BLT and will try THV next March. We really like all of DVC although OKW is our least favorite of those we have stayed at. SSR isn't on our list either, other than we are trying THV.

We're happy with the resorts we purchased and really do spend most of our trips at home resorts.

We own where we like to stay. But we like to stay several places, so we own at 4 resorts:
AKV for the unique experience and concierge.
BCV for location and pool.
OKW for GV.
Aulani for location!

we've experienced most of the others repeat times, so now stick with our proven favorite: BWV. while they each have something to offer, they don't have all that the BWV offers (for us) - a plethora of quiet areas, amazing views, and a boat;)load of activities. the only resort that i doubt we will stay at again is OKW. we will definitely try BLT eventually.
btw, we also own at SSR, which we love, and BCV, which is just "eh" for us :)

We own at all the resorts we love to stay at, including HH and VB. I imagine that we would love Aulani, but I don't think we will make that many trips to Hawaii to make it a worthwhile purchase, so I didn't vote.

own a bwv, bcv, akv, and vwl. i love these resorts but have stayed at most and have enjoyed them too. want to experience them all if possible.:)

You don't have an option that I can choose - "I don't like my home resort". We own at SSR and while it's nice, I just don't like it. I grew up near the real Saratoga and just don't get that "I'm on vacation in FL" feel when I'm at SSR. It also looks very similar to a condominium complex I lived in years ago. We bought there because it's what DVC was selling at the time and we didn't research the re-sale market.

You don't have an option that I can choose - "I don't like my home resort". We own at SSR and while it's nice, I just don't like it. I grew up near the real Saratoga and just don't get that "I'm on vacation in FL" feel when I'm at SSR. It also looks very similar to a condominium complex I lived in years ago. We bought there because it's what DVC was selling at the time and we didn't research the re-sale market.
We bought at HHI first for the 11 month booking window. When we added on we bought SSR for the same reason as you, it was the what DVC was marketing at the time. Unlike you though I like SSR. I love all the resorts and have had no issues booking at 7 months. I guess you could say DVC has worked out for me just the way it was advertised.

We are members at OKW and AKV for a reason. They are really the only resorts we care to stay at.

We are like the OP's family....we own at BLT but have yet to stay there. We have been DVC members since September 2010 and stayed at BCV in May of this year and will be going back to BCV in January for 3 nights. Even though we really like BLT because of the location and because it is right on the monorail line, there is just something about BCV that draws to us.

I need to answer this question in a few years from now. We've only been members since 2008 and are still trying out the various DVC resorts. So far we've stayed at Kidani (home resort), SSR (home resort), BWV, and BLT...we are booked at BCV for 2012 and I can't wait!!!

We stay at our home (BWV) about 20% of the time. Most of our vacations are not about WDW, but when it is that is where we stay. VB & HHI top our list.

We are fairly new DVC members (2009) and are still trying out each DVC resort. We have only two left at WDW to experience and only have gone to HHI for the other DVC resorts. So far we still prefer our two home resorts, but we choose them because we liked them to start with.

I like to try out other resorts if we are unable to stay at our home resort, or if we just feel like experiencing a different hotel. But I always prefer staying at my home away from home. The other resorts just cannot surpass AKV for me.

We enjoy our BWV, however we also like to sample other WDW resorts. We've tried BLT, VWL, OKW, SSR. We tried to get into AKV for T-day week with no luck this time. And that is what I like most is that if my waitlist does not come through I still really enjoy my home resort!!!

We have 4 home resorts - BCV, WL, SSR and OKW. We only use the BCV points at the 11 month window. We find that we prefer to stay at KV and BLT. Those are the 2 resorts we didn't think we would like as a family, but ended up loving them. It is just too expensive to sell points and rebuy others, so we will just have to try and book them at the 7 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!