Do you prefer your home resort to others?

Do you prefer your home resort to others?

• You can usually find me at my home resort.

• I like my home resort, but prefer experiencing others.

• I don't care as long as I am in Disney!

Results are only viewable after voting.

PAcpl

Just a couple of DINK's
Just wondering how many DVC owners stay at their home resort as opposed to the other resorts on property? We own at the AKV but have yet to stay there. We stayed at the AKL on our first Disney trip and loved it. But we usually stay at the Boardwalk.

Where we stay is really important for us so we own at BLT and BWV so that we can stay there on our trips.

I am willing to stay elsewhere if I am making last minute trips but for our yearly summer trips (and soon to be yearly fall weekend trips) it will be BLT and BWV all the time.

I mainly prefer BWV but have tried others. When I was first a member, I alternated between OKW and BWV. My mom was alive then and we liked OKW as a more relaxing location and she loved seeing the ducks and rabbits outside the room, we did our Mother's Day trip there and then BWV for early December. I've tried AKV, VWL, BCV, they all were nice. I think my attitude might be different if they had not made boardwalk view a dedicated category. I just love that view!

I think you are really losing out if you don't experience all the resorts. They are all special in ther own way, and the fact we can experience many different resorts makes DVC that much more valuable.

I didn't vote, because it depends. We like our home resort (AKV) and we like staying other places, so it depends. One of the factors is who is going with us...different resorts fit the group differently. We have yet to stay at all of them, since we've only been members for 3 years, and only make 1 or 2 trips a year. So far, I really like Kidani, and BWV, and THV.

New member here...

Own at SSR
Stayed at BWV in Oct.
Staying at SSR in Jan.
Staying at BCV in June.

Can't wait to try them all out, but when purchasing, I went for best deal and realizing that my kids won't be little forever and I think I'll like SSR best when our trips are less Disney centered...:scared1:

We've always gone with the attitude that if DVC said you could only stay at your home resort, we'd be happy. We even switched home resorts (for that to happen, we had to buy a new contract at the new home, then sell our old points). When we initially bought, we expected to love our home resort, but one stay at OKW taught us (mostly DH) that that should be home. And every year when we pay those dues, it's much less difficult that we're supporting a resort we frequent.

We have 3 home Resorts - WL,DVB and SSR.
We go to WL and VB every year and we have only been to SSR once, our original home is WL.:banana:

We own at KV and there are only 2 that interest me and they are the WV and BCV. We have stayed at DL and Love GCV! We own at HH too and love it there. VB is another favorite.

We prefer HOME at BWV but have stayed at AKV and bcv with friends & family & stayed at AKV for a spur of the moment. I would be happy with just BWV but hope to eventually stay everywhere.

We have now tried most of the WDW properties. What we learned is that we made the correct decision for us. We will be staying at our home resort most of the time going forward.

Specific to DVC, we've stayed at our "home resort" twice since our purchase in May 2004. One was on points, the other stay was booked through RCI exchange (I couldn't turn down a GV!).

However, the poll option, "You can usually find me at my home resort." is very true for one of our non-DVC timeshares. In fact, I'm there nearly every weekend. If you can't find me at work ... go looking at my favorite home resort. I'll either be at the barn or in the hot pool!

I mainly prefer BWV but have tried others. When I was first a member, I alternated between OKW and BWV. My mom was alive then and we liked OKW as a more relaxing location and she loved seeing the ducks and rabbits outside the room, we did our Mother's Day trip there and then BWV for early December. I've tried AKV, VWL, BCV, they all were nice. I think my attitude might be different if they had not made boardwalk view a dedicated category. I just love that view!

Agree ....we love the boardwalk view as well

I put down I don't care, which is mostly true.

I own at SSR

1st choice resort is BC
2nd choice is SSR.

But I would stay anywhere. I have tried most of them, and all have pros, if I bought more points.. they would be BC.

I voted that you can usually find us at our home resort because we absolutely adore BWV, which is our first home resort. However, we just finished 8 days at AKV Kidani in a Savanna View, and I loved it so much more than I expected to, to the extent that we may start trying to alternate trips there. We made this trip for DD6, who adores animals, but we were all amazed by the experience and there was nothing about the resort that we didn't enjoy. Even the relative remoteness was really nice and relaxing.

We also own at BLT, which I like for the convenience to MK, but otherwise could take or leave it. My wife loves it, however, and would choose it second only to BWV (although she loved AKV as week).

I stay most often at home resort of BCV but I really don't care where I stay. I've stayed at all except BLT and Aulani and the only one I don't like is THV. I love the different experience each resort offers.

I think there are :love: and :eek: to all and I think what we enjoy will change with the years. Currently we own AKL and BLT. DH LOVES BLT - me, I like the lounge on top. AKL we both like for the relaxed, 'other' world feel.

Currently we do 4/5N wkend trips. With APs we like BCV and will stay in BWV or BLT but without APs we like OKW or AKL - in that order.

WL not having a room safe in the DVC area is an irritation.
With expired AP's SSR would be 3rd choice after AKL and OKW.
HHI is drivable which doesn't relax me at all plus we'd need to be able to do 10 days which currently is not an option.

I put that I like my home resort but like to experience others. We bought OKW points in 2006 and did not stay at OKW until our last trip in 2009. We liked it so much that we're staying there again next month. We liked the size and layout of OKW as well as the private relaxing feeling we get there. But, we prefer the resorts with the best locations and for us those resorts are BLT, BCV and BWV (we spend the most time at Epcot and then MK, so we like to be able to get into those parks quickly and easily). If we can't get those 3 resorts at 7 months out or if we need to be conservative with our points, we'll go for our fave of the rest and stay at OKW. SSR is our very least fave so far, but we have not tried AKL yet (or BCV and BLT...though we did stay at BWV twice and like that entire area and we stayed at Contemp and LOVED it). We liked HHI as well and have yet to try Vero...someday. Probably won't do VGC...we're on the East coast and are happy to go to WDW. Would love to do Aulani, but it's unlikely anytime soon...costs of airfare and costs in Hawaii.

We bought GCV and find them very nice, but we live out here, we bought into them though, because they were offering great incentives AND we are able to bok earlier for them, since there are so few, this has worked well for us, both when we want to rent points out and when we do want to just book out here.

We own at SSR and VWL and love them both. We bought SSR first because it was the resort Disney was selling at the time. I really wanted to buy at BCV or BWV becuase of the location but the longer contract is what hooked us on SSR. With that being said, we have stayed twice at SSR and really enjoy the relaxing feel! We added on at VWL after our first stay there and love the lodge and the relaxing feel of that resort also.

We have also stayed at BCV, KV and Jambo. While the first time we stayed at BCV we loved it (and I thought a small contract was coming...) the next time, we didn't love it! Love the location and the boardwalk but stormalong bay is way to busy and not relaxing at all.

Of KV and Jambo, we enjoyed both, however KV is large enough that we should be able to book at the 7 month mark.

We haven't had a chance to stay at BLT, BWV, or OKW as of yet. They are on the to do list (though OKW is probably last on the list).

We have been lucky enough to always get what we want at the 7 month mark but SSR and VWL are great back up options IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter