Do you play cribbage?

It's been years for me as well. I used to play it quite often. 40 years ago a couple we hung out with played it. And 15 years ago after my wife left, I had a girlfriend that loved playing it so I took it up again. My problem is that for some reason my brain does not retain card games of any sort*. If I have been away from it for over 4 months, I completely forget all of the rules. Seriously, not a single one. I don't remember how many cards are dealt or how points are countable. I do remember something to the likes of saying 15/2, 15/4 plus one for dealing (I think) other then that if someone asked me to sit down and play it now, all I would be able to do is just sit there and stare at the cards. I even still have a huge cribbage board in the shape of Vermont in a box someplace in my apartment.

In fairness to myself, once I am playing with someone that does know the rules, I pick them up really quickly again, but, I cannot institute or teach someone else cold even after all the years that I played it regularly.

*I do remember most of Black Jack. Other then that... forget it.

One of the best parts of crib is coming up with the rhymes when counting. Depending who you play with, you can get pretty cheeky lol

Fifteen two, fifteen four, and the rest won’t score lol

One of the best parts of crib is coming up with the rhymes when counting. Depending who you play with, you can get pretty cheeky lol

Fifteen two, fifteen four, and the rest won’t score lol

I thought that line was part of the rules of the game. :teeth:
Everyone I know who plays just naturally says that after fifteen four. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!