Do you play cribbage?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I remember my parents playing cribbage counting in what seemed like an extremely odd manner.

My dad brought the game and his playing skills home from his time in Vietnam.

I got a set in my stocking for Christmas and have been playing three handed cribbage once or twice a week since Christmas. Tonight was the first time that the three of us felt like we really remembered all the rules and started to develop actual strategies. For some reason the pegging part was the hardest to grasp. The first few times we were really unsure who got the peg for the go.

I love cribbage! I've tried to teach my family to play but they aren't into it, so I just play it with my mom occasionally.

When I was growing up my mom's side of the family would get together to play cribbage and pinochle all the time. I never learned pinochle, though.

My father loved it. I played it a lot when I was younger and have several of his boards, but haven't played in many years. It was a lot of fun

We play a lot of cribbage and euchre in our family! My dad is the only one who doesn't really like games but will always join if we need to even out a game. My husband's family introduced me to 6 person games which is handy when most of use are there but there's a lot complaining since two people don't get to discard...

I love cribbage! I wish my hubby played, but he doesn't so I usually only play when my family is visiting. We also play a 4 player version called cross crib that is fun.

It's been years since I have played. Once my father retired, he and my mom played all the time at home.

Do you play cribbage?

Yes. :) DH and I actually just pulled out the old board about a month ago! I used to play with some of the neighborhood moms when the kids were little, too, but I hadn't in ages, and had to relearn the rules a bit.

It's been years for me as well. I used to play it quite often. 40 years ago a couple we hung out with played it. And 15 years ago after my wife left, I had a girlfriend that loved playing it so I took it up again. My problem is that for some reason my brain does not retain card games of any sort*. If I have been away from it for over 4 months, I completely forget all of the rules. Seriously, not a single one. I don't remember how many cards are dealt or how points are countable. I do remember something to the likes of saying 15/2, 15/4 plus one for dealing (I think) other then that if someone asked me to sit down and play it now, all I would be able to do is just sit there and stare at the cards. I even still have a huge cribbage board in the shape of Vermont in a box someplace in my apartment.

In fairness to myself, once I am playing with someone that does know the rules, I pick them up really quickly again, but, I cannot institute or teach someone else cold even after all the years that I played it regularly.

*I do remember most of Black Jack. Other then that... forget it.

I used to play a lot with my dad. I was the youngest in my family and spent the most time with him after he retired. He passed away 12 years ago and I have his cribbage set. I taught my kids a bit but it didn't really catch on with them.

I have played pinochle and euchre also. My DH plays bridge but I never learned that one!

I used to play a lot with my dad. I was the youngest in my family and spent the most time with him after he retired. He passed away 12 years ago and I have his cribbage set. I taught my kids a bit but it didn't really catch on with them.

I have played pinochle and euchre also. My DH plays bridge but I never learned that one!

Can we hang out? I've always wanted to learn to play bridge lol. So hard to find a euchre player! An ex-boyfriend of mine was the first and last person outside of my family that I ever met in person who plays it!

Yes! Since I was a kid. My husband too. We learned as soon as we were old enough to count from grandparents. We’ve taught our DS15 too. He loves playing his grandma and also teaming up with her to play us. So many memories around this game! Definitely a bridge to cross generations. When DS was in middle school they had a slate of “electives” that they’d pick one to do each quarter. Things he picked? Quiddich, Pokémon, Disney (movies, trip planning), and Cribbage!

One of my favorite cribbage memories was when I brought church kids on a service learning/mission trip and we visited a nursing home. Some kids knew how to play and others wanted to learn. There was a guy there who loved to play. He ended up having a line of kids outside his room, waiting to challenge him!

It has been many years for me too, and I have lots of memories of playing that with my father when I was young. I can’t remember now if this game was something he played while serving in the military, WWII and Korea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter