Do you plan to take the DVC extra years?

Will you accept Disney's offer for 15 more DVC years?

• Yes I am... I want more years to use and pass on

• No I am not.... I will be done in 2042. My kid's and grandkids vacations are theirs to figure out!

• What offer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Very simple poll....

Do you plan to accept Disney's offer for an additional 15 years of membership?

Just thought I would ask...

---Paul in Southern NJ

We bought a new master contract at OKW for the express purpose of putting our kids on the deed, as a gift to them. The only downside was that it was for fewer years. :sad1: Now, it won't be. :thumbsup2

Our plan was to divvy up the points and let each kid use them as they wish, and when we're done let them sort it out. That's one reason why we bought points that are a multiple of both 3 and 4: we divide them 4 ways as long as we're making use of them, and the kids can divide them 3 ways when we're gone. We're happy they'll have more years ahead of them! :goodvibes

For the price they want to extend my OKW contract, I can buy more points that I can use now. I already have SSR points that will still be good when my OKW points expire. I also plan on buying points at GCV and CRV, so I'm not too concerned about the OKW extension. Even though it's my favorite resort, I do have concerns about the serious decline in housekeeping and maintenance that we experienced at OKW this past summer.

Yes, depending on the price, we'll extend our BWV contracts. My oldest daughter wants the extra 15 years. We've already talked to the kids about this and they all are in agreement. We're just a Disney kind of family. :goodvibes Now I just have to buy more points to hand down to the other two! :eek: CRV and AKV here we come! :thumbsup2

Yes, depending on the price, we'll extend our BWV contracts. My oldest daughter wants the extra 15 years. We've already talked to the kids about this and they all are in agreement. We're just a Disney kind of family. :goodvibes Now I just have to buy more points to hand down to the other two! :eek: CRV and AKV here we come! :thumbsup2

I thought the deal was to only extend OKW contracts... I didn't hear anything about BWV contracts.

---Paul in Southern NJ

Yes. The anticipated cost of the additional years will be less on a per year basis than what I already bought about ($250 versus $540). And it will likely sell better in ten years than those who do not buy. But I would really be buying for my DS (12).

I thought the deal was to only extend OKW contracts... I didn't hear anything about BWV contracts.

---Paul in Southern NJ

No, it's just for OKW. We're just thinking ahead to if/when it's offered to the rest of the sold out properties. It'll take us that long to save up the cash. :thumbsup2 I'm not 100% sure that we would extend anyway, but it's made for some good dinner conversation! :goodvibes

Good luck to all OKW owners with their decision! For some, it will be easy. For others, there is a lot to consider. I will be watching closely how DVC handles this... :3dglasses

P.S. Sorry for the confusion! I'm just very interested in this subject...

We are considering it and waiting to see the next communication. IF we get the $10 discount and IF we conclude that the affect of the extension is important to resale value over the next ten years, then MAYBE we will do it.

Not for $25 a point. I'd rather add on later at another resort ( or let my grown kids do it who were age 9 and older when we first joined!). I love OKW but LOVE AKL... and feel I have plenty of time on my original OKW contract to make lots more "magical memories". :-)---Kathy

At $25 a point I will not. At $15 a point I probably will. I have one OKW contract which is small enough to make this a small investment but just big enough to provide for some nice vacations for my imaginary grandchildren. Now if/when the option comes up for BWV that will be a much tougher decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter