Do you make Priority seating with infants

Sabo

Mouseketeer
We are taking our two 15 month old boys in Sept. This will be the first trip with them. Do you make PS at restaurants or do you just play it by ear? I know everyone has said to take it slow and allow time for rest, so I am not sure what to do about PS.

When we went last April with then 14 month DS, I did make priority seatings. Most worked out fine - some did not.

I made breakfast PS for early on in the trip, then by mid-trip I assumed DS would fall into a routine & not be up at the crack of dawn, so I switched to early lunch PS -- that was a correct assumption.

I made a dinner PS for just about every other day - usually between 4:30pm & 6:00pm. Most worked out fine, but 1 or 2 days did not -- DS napped later that anticipated.

I knew making them that I was flexible, if we couldn't make it that was OK.

I found that DS's schedule changed while we were there. Early on he went down for a nap between noon & 1:00. As the days went on, that moved forward to more like between 2:00 & 3:00.

In September I wouldn't worry too much. Make a few if there some you must do. I made one for about every other day, but I also called & changed them last minute.

One thing you may find in september is that the PS people do not availability but when you walk up to the restaurant they can seat you right away. This happened to us at Ohana. No PS available but I called the restaurant directly & they said come right over! I would guess there are more no shows in the off season.

If the boys settle in to WDW quickly & you see that you can safely schedule some meals, do it! I really think it's better to have your name in the computer, even if you don't make it there at exactly the right time.

Lunch we mostly did counter service to keep nap times flexible. Our son (24 mos at the time) slept in his stroller but not always at the same time. Several times it was during lunch, so we were glad not to have anything planned! Just did the airconditioned places so we all could relax. September is hot!

I took my daughter when she was 11 months, 2, 4, and 5, and my son when he was 1 1/2 and 2. We made some priority seating arrangements, mostly for character dining, which the kids loved. However, most of the meals we played by ear. It gave us flexibility (eat when hungry, don't plan the trip around meals).

Some of the places the kids liked that have PS are Cinderella's castle (be sure to call exactly 60 days before you want to dine-PS reservations opens at 7:00 a.m. ET and the reservations fill up within the first minute-you may have to try several days in a row), The Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine at MGM, Morocco at Epcot (daughter got to dance with the belly dancer-it was the highlight of her trip).

My daughter found Mexico at Epcot scary one trip but loved it a couple years later. It is dark and they have a volcano. Also the one at the entrance to AK (name is on the tip of my tongue) the kids liked one trip but found it scary on the next trip. Ah, I remember - The Rainforest Cafe.

You can also make PS the same day for a number of restaurants and if you are staying at the Disney resorts you can call PS from your room. This adds a lot of flexibility so you don't have to plan exactly which park to visit which day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter