Do you have this problem (going solo)?

Thanks everyone!
I'm back and had a great time. I'll post a report in the other forum soon- but not tonight. Still catching up on things here and while I was perfectly healthy while on my vacation- I think overnight I caught a bug from my son who was coughing all last night. :( So I'm feeling a bit under the weather today.

I do owe dad bigtime... his "friend" (coworker) pooped out on him and since it was HIS dad's place they'd be staying at and his dad's boat they'd be using- my husband ended up not going on the trip. So except one evening my sister took the kids out to Chuck E Cheese's for fun.... he kept them the entire time. I think he was fine during the week he worked but the 4 days OFF of work (that weekend and Mon/Tues) wore him out. He also said he had a hard time sleeping- most likely for keeping an "ear" out for the kids when normally he knows I keep an ear out for that when I'm here (plus usually up half the night also. LOL) So he's pretty beat. But he also did a lot of things with the kids to keep them busy so they wouldn't miss me and just to have fun with them- so they're all pretty wore out. LOL

You were there last weekend? Bummer I didn't meet you.
Kungaloosh! (LOL)

I am married, never had kids. Not only do I do WDW solo, all but two of my Disney cruises were solo (one was with grown nephew, another with my mom) and I LOVED it! All my upcoming DCL cruises are also solo. I have even done Europe and Africa many times - always without my spouse.

I think you pegged it in the beginning when you said JEALOUSY. Some women may try to lay a guilt trip on you, but are probably jealous they aren't "allowed" to do the same. Others may be envious of you being a <I>gutsy</I> woman - having the nerve to go solo.

Live your <I>own</I> life and be happy! As long as any responsibilities you leave behind are taken care of, you have no reason to feel guilty and stay home.

I am approaching THE BIG SIX OH this summer and an planning to go to Disney by myself. My kids are grown and I'm sure a trip with the grandkids is in the future, but I plan to enjoy myself. Even at my age, I get funny looks when someone finds out Im going to Disney by myself. But I tell them I'm just a BIG KID at heart! My boyfriend can't understand why I want to go off somewhere, but I tell him I have a demanding job with a lot of responsibility and for one week I want to relax and enjoy myself and I can't think of a better place than Disney. So, look out World (WDW) here I come....in about 286 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter