Do you have Disney and Universal passes?

What would you do in my situation (see my comment below poll)

• Get the USO PP & park hoppers for WDW in November

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Get both passes

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
I wanted to get opinions from non-Florida residents on having both a Disney & USO annual pass (platinum for Disney, Preferred for USO). I've had a Disney AP since 2014 and I've skipped USO for years because I don't want to buy a ticket to another theme park when I already paid for my Disney ticket. I've really missed USO, but I don't want to drop my AP right before the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom. Those of you who have both - how do you like it? Do you feel like you are "trying" too hard to get your money's worth from them? I go down to Disney a few times a year and also try to do a couple super quick weekend trips to make the most of my AP since it's so darn expensive. Obviously, the more often you go, the more money you spend on hotels, airfare, food etc. The price of the Disney AP keeps going up and I'm not positive I want to renew (mostly due to the limited experiences at the park right now), but I also have at least one WDW trip in November that I'm positive I'm going to (I'm going to a private event, they've rented out part of Epcot, it's already paid for but doesn't include park admission of course).

I have had a Universal Preferred AP for several years. It is a good value for me because of the room discounts, free parking and discounts at all the restaurants and snack places in addition to park admission. I have had a Disney AP off and on a few times over the years. I tend to buy one, go a bunch of times, then not renew. Most of my trips are solo and I don't eat at many TS restaurants, so besides the free parking there is not much extra value for me. I don't care much at all about photo pass and I often stay offsite. It really depends on how much you will use the Uni pass. They often have good promotions on regular park to park tickets.

I did vote to get both passes because you seem like you really like Disney. I have an Oct WDW/UO trip planned that I had already bought a 5 day PH for because my WDW AP would have expired before it, but now the AP will cover it.

We have a Universal AP BECAUSE when we were there for a conference in Feb the tickets we wanted to buy to go to the parks were as much as the seasonal AP....so we got that on the off chance we decided to go back.
We are going back at least once, if not twice during the life of those AP's. Booked in October with a pretty good AP rate at Royal Pacific.
Have gone to Disney way more times than I can count, but never bought AP's.
We will see how this next trip in October goes, perhaps we will consider purchasing AP's to Universal again. The last trip there left a good taste in our mouth. Just lovedlovedloved the ease of getting around to everywhere via walking.
May the Disney Gods strike me down, but I do see the plus of "smaller is better" in some instances!

We just added Univeresal APs yesterday! They have a deal where if you buy by September 30th they give you 15 months and we were originally looking at out of state promos andthe buy 2 get 2 days free was $294, but the seasonal pass (blocked out all of July,Christmas, Easter, which we avoid anyway) was $304!

We have been passholders for years at Disney, but have a hard time justifying the exorbitant costs right now unless they do some DVC specials. We are doing a split WDW/Universal stay in August. I got a good AP rate at Hard Rock, so my plan is to get myself a Universal AP and then get my family the 2 day 2 day free tickets (we were planning 4 park days anyway). If my kids are really enjoying Universal (my youngest has never been and its been 5 years since my oldest was there), we will probably upgrade them when there.

Currently I have both-Tend to go a couple years between Disney AP's, but I've kept up my Uni one because I go to HHN every year, plus sneak in other trips when I can. I have the premiere and -when things are running normally-completely worth it for the valet parking and after 4 express pass! Just got the Uni AP newsletter-and wow-Uni is pulling out some stops to get passholders back-dedicated lane to get into parking garage, dedicated entrance at both parks, love the AP buttons, free freestyle cup and a free activation, also love the AP magnets-and oh yeah-the 20% discount-oh and a dedicated AP lounge-great place to duck into the AC and charge your phone. Plus the AP rates on the hotels tend to be good.
Disney-well remains to be seen if will renew. They seem to cut stuff back while raising the price.
When we are down we tend to hit all the parks if AP active for both. We've done just Universal trips as well as it is far less expensive - even with premiere passes- for the family than Disney tickets!
If you can swing it do both!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!