Do you have any FONDUE recipes?

mamajoan

<font color=red>gotta hobble ....silly goose!.
Hi guys, I came here first before I hit any other sites to ask all you knowledgable folks ...
Do you have any GREAT FONDUE recipes?? I was at Macy's yesterday and they had beautiful alcohol burner fondue pots for $12! I made a simple dark chocolate fondue for my family last night... Oh ya, they were happy. I was thinking about getting another pot just so I could do two or maybe even 3 at a party. Doesn't that sound so retro? But then since I am 42 I guess I AM retro :)!!
Thanks,
Joan

We have done fondue parties and they are a lot of fun. I have done steak tips cooked in peanut oil and served them with dipping sauces. The sauces can be made , I usually buy an assortment of bbq sauces and salsas. I did hear on the food tv network that you can also use chicken broth instead of the oil to cook the meat in,I haven't tried this yet. You might want to do a search on the food tv sight for fondue, I think they have some recipes there.
Have fun
Vickey

Don't worry Joan - I'm even more retro than you. (49 - ACK!) I haven't made fondue in years, but I used to do a cheese fondue in addition to a chocolate one. Let me look up the recipes & I'll post later today.

d

We ate at a restaurant in Dallas called "Simply Fondue" It was a blast. All cooked right there with the pot and burner built into the table
The first course was a cheese fondue (kind of a cheddar/mont jack combo with tabasco) served with apples, bread cubes and veggies. The main course had 2 batters (one was like a tempura batter) to dip in stuffed mushrooms, steak bits, chicken bits, scallops, and shrimp. Of course the best was last, chocolate sauce with marshmallows, pieces of angel food cake, strawberries, marachino cherries for dipping. It was so much fun, I got my mom's ORIGINAL FONDUE POT and tried to do something similar at home. Wish I had the restaurant's recipes though, they were wonderful. Seems like the dessert course choices were like a milk chocolate with Grand Marnier, Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate. You could have dipped your shoe in there and it would have been wonderful :D

I think a fondue party would be great fun!

A few years back a bunch of us in my neighborhood got together for a retro party. We range in age from mid-30's to mid 40's. We had a blast that night.

We made fondue both cheese and chocolate and sat around dipping all night long. (I can't remember if we did the hot pot too.) It really was a lot of fun. Now I'm thinking we should do it again.

I bought at barnes & noble.com (bn.com) a fondue cookbook for $9.00!
Haven't got to try a recipie yet but they look good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter