Do you have a favorite MDR for pirate night?

Chandra C

Mouseketeer
I have only been on 3 night cruises previously but have a 4 night scheduled on the Dream. It occurred to me that this is first time I’ll be repeating a MDR. I know there aren’t guarantees but thinking of requesting a certain dining rotation. From what I understand all serve same pirate menu that night so I guess decision is more related to atmosphere? Also an unrelated question but does anyone know what the current gift is for silver cruises? I already have a couple of the totes, was hoping for something different this time, thanks

I have only been on 3 night cruises previously but have a 4 night scheduled on the Dream. It occurred to me that this is first time I’ll be repeating a MDR. I know there aren’t guarantees but thinking of requesting a certain dining rotation. From what I understand all serve same pirate menu that night so I guess decision is more related to atmosphere? Also an unrelated question but does anyone know what the current gift is for silver cruises? I already have a couple of the totes, was hoping for something different this time, thanks

The pirate menu is not my favorite, so pirate night is usually Palo night. That being said, lots of people will be dressed up for pirate night, no matter which MDR you're in.

The current gift is the sling backpack.

Since the menu is the same it doesn't matter to me which restaurant I'm in, they all have nice decor. If I had to pick I'd probably pick AP. The sling back backpack is really nice.

If you squint your eyes, Royal Palace could feel like it's from the same era where pirates roamed the high seas, I guess.

On the other hand, Animator's Palate shows a lot of cool concept art from the POTC films, which I enjoy.

Like the others, I don't think it matters as none of the current MDR's really tie in with the pirate theme. It does always seem a bit strange to me when it falls in Tritons/Lumiere/Royal Palace, though. We had pirate night a couple of times in the old Parrot Cay on the Wonder which seemed to be the most appropriate. But those days are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter