Do you ever wish to be cut off from the news?

So, then what, in your limited viewing of FOX, made up your mind that it is not a news organization?
MSNBC reports the news with a bias, CNN is only interested in ratings, Fox is a essentially an arm of the republican party. As an example, look at the caravan story that was covered breathlessly on Fox as an imminent danger to everyone even though they were 1,000 miles away. As soon as the midterms were done, the coverage and fear-mongering pretty much ended. Their late night hosts are even out campaigning with the current president at rallies. They do have a handful of real reporters on the afternoon shows.

That, b2k, is just simply not true.... The migrants were/are NOT 1000 miles away. They are at our border. No way they walked that far almost overnight.... Authorities from both Mexico and the U.S. have verified that there are a pretty good number of 'migrants' who are criminals, some trying to re-enter even though they have been deported, sometimes more than once... (Not uncommon) Many would consider that a credible/valid threat... Many of these people are not even from Honduras or the other Middle and South American countries, etc... None of this is any secret... The coverage has not 'disappeared'.

You are using limited and specific outright misrepresentations(lies) and information from limited outlets to make some misguided assumptions.
There are mis-interpretations and out-right lies being passed along as facts.

If one does want to watch the news... It might be a good idea to watch several outlets to try to discern the actual facts.

Last edited:
So... Are you suggesting that news representatives, notable people, stars, etc... have not been all over the other campaign rallies... Really???? Seriously???

I used to follow a bunch of political folks on Twitter and it was really negatively affecting my attitude. I cut it down to 3, and I follow those 3 because only about 1/3 of their tweets are about politics--most of their tweets are about pets, kids, travel, etc. It helped.

So, then what, in your limited viewing of FOX, made up your mind that it is not a news organization?

You appear to be far more interested in a debate about this than I am. I truly don't give two toots either way. :confused3

Not to ignore your question though...Fox looks like a politics channel to me. I think of "news" as events (local, national, world), sports and weather. I have interest in seeing sports and weather, but the rest of it...not so much.

Last edited:
That, b2k, is just simply not true.... The migrants were/are NOT 1000 miles away. They are at our border. No way they walked that far almost overnight.... Authorities from both Mexico and the U.S. have verified that there are a pretty good number of 'migrants' who are criminals, some trying to re-enter even though they have been deported, sometimes more than once... (Not uncommon) Many would consider that a credible/valid threat... Many of these people are not even from Honduras or the other Middle and South American countries, etc... None of this is any secret... The coverage has not 'disappeared'.

You are using limited and specific outright misrepresentations(lies) and information from limited outlets to make some misguided assumptions.

If one does want to watch the news... It might be a good idea to watch several outlets to try to discern the actual facts.
1,000 miles was referring to when the coverage began, not right now. The fact that coverage has dwindled after the midterms even though they are closer now just proves it was used as a political tool for the election.

On a personal level, no I would never wish to be cut off from the news. No matter what is going on in the world, I like to keep myself informed of everything going on. Granted, I also tend to be selective of which media I read(WSJ, NYT, WaPo, Economist) or what I watch, but I would probably get bored without having the news to read. I'm big into economics and I keep track of all the financial news thanks to having investments and that being my career so I think it's a good idea to keep up on that.

I would rather see the crappy news, whether it is politics or whatever, than not be informed of everything going on in the world.

Side political pissing match aside, while I am not an avid news channel viewer, I do usually check out headlines daily, even on vacation.

Yes, the folks in Tijuana are having fits right now trying to provide some humanitarian shelter to the overwhelming crowds massing at the border. Being covered minimally if not at all by CNN, ABC,NBC,CBS. Wonder why?

All I hear are bickering politicians, stories of rape, murder, assaults, arson, theft, racism, even how soon the world will come to an end!

Sometimes I just contemplate cutting myself off from the news.

Anyone else feel the same way?

This is one of my favorite parts about taking a cruise.....3, 4 or 7 days (or more) disconnected from the world.

Jess

I find it easy to turn news off. I do feel lost sometimes when I turn it back on trying to catch up, especially on international affairs.

I wish there were a site with just the plain fact bullet points of topics for the week that I could catch up on quickly.

I have not intentionally watched the news for a very long time. Primarily because my favorite newscaster retired and everyone else just bugs me. But it's also so depressing. If there's something I want to check on, I'll check on FB.

MSNBC reports the news with a bias, CNN is only interested in ratings, Fox is a essentially an arm of the republican party. As an example, look at the caravan story that was covered breathlessly on Fox as an imminent danger to everyone even though they were 1,000 miles away. As soon as the midterms were done, the coverage and fear-mongering pretty much ended. Their late night hosts are even out campaigning with the current president at rallies. They do have a handful of real reporters on the afternoon shows.

Do you watch it every day? I do, and honestly they do cover it. Funny, I heard a reporter say exactly what you just typed on CNN the other day. Weird. And if you think Fox is all republicans, what’s CNN, MSNBC?
IMO Compared to the other cable ‘news’ networks, Fox is the only one who reports what’s actually going on and not just what they want you to hear and believe. We always watch both Fox and CNN, and it’s hysterical when you see what’s being reported and not.

Last edited:
Do you watch it every day? I do, and honestly they do cover it. Funny, I heard a reporter say exactly what you just typed on CNN the other day. Weird. And if you think Fox is all republicans, what’s CNN, MSNBC?
IMO Compared to the other cable ‘news’ networks, Fox is the only one who reports what’s actually going on and not just what they want you to hear and believe. We always watch both Fox and CNN, and it’s hysterical when you see what’s being reported and not.

I dislike both Fox and CNN for different reasons but wonder what news stories have you seen on one channel but not the other?

I dislike both Fox and CNN for different reasons but wonder what news stories have you seen on one channel but not the other?

A lot of the coverage is different. Watch them both during the day and you’ll see.

A lot of the coverage is different. Watch them both during the day and you’ll see.
Actually, I get the bulk of my news from printed media which was why I asked you for a specific instance:).

I can understand the coverage being different; that happens in every form of media but expect all to get their facts straight.
I recently read an article in the WSJ, I believe, that reported on the news department at Fox taking issue with the channel's opinion hosts' assesment of the whereabouts and composition of the caravan.

Actually, I get the bulk of my news from printed media which was why I asked you for a specific instance:).

I can understand the coverage being different; that happens in every form of media but expect all to get their facts straight.
I recently read an article in the WSJ, I believe, that reported on the news department at Fox taking issue with the channel's opinion hosts' assesment of the whereabouts and composition of the caravan.

Ah, I see. Definitely different, but honestly too much to write. Interesting! Good to know, thanks.

Right now, it is the illegal immigrant Caravan. The rock throwing by the immigrants toward the Mexican authorities. The breaking of the fence at the southern border of Mexico. The problems in Tijuana. The economy of the US. Anything positive that the United States is doing right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter