Do you ever wish to be cut off from the news?

My news source, in the morning, is here on the DIS. If I feel it important enough I will go to the link provided or a local news channel site I have bookmarked. Otherwise I watch very little news.

I watch the local news, traffic, weather and such...

The media is so one sided... they need to report all the news in a unbiased platform... We need real news... of national and world news of importance... not this garbage that they call new now....

As far as most news, and media outlets... In the words of Megan Trainor - "I know your lying your lips are moving"

Last edited:
I do so miss the days of someone reading the news. Matter of factually with no opinion offered. Just who, what, when and where.

But for the most part I don’t pay attention to the news anymore. I don’t watch and unfollowed the news outlets on FB (the actual channels not “fb news”lol). I only follow two locals and that’s for weather updates.

I watch FBN off and on throughout the day to check the stock market, although lately that is masochistic.

I often avoid it. While on vacation I don't turn on the TV news (and usually don't turn on the TV) or log into any news sites. Last year I was on vacation while all the Charlottesville rioting was going on and I didn't know anything about it for 3 or 4 days. It was heavenly.

I often avoid it. While on vacation I don't turn on the TV news (and usually don't turn on the TV) or log into any news sites. Last year I was on vacation while all the Charlottesville rioting was going on and I didn't know anything about it for 3 or 4 days. It was heavenly.
We don’t purposely avoid it, but many of our vacations are cruises and we don’t buy the wifi packages. It’s weird how totally “out of the loop” of current events you can feel in just a single week. In recent years we’ve missed a local election (and the results totally shocked us), the Brexit vote and the Humbolt bus crash.

News knows how to get the viewers they are not going to stop with the bad news. Going to get 6 inches of snow they will report you are going to get 8-12 if they had a news station that only reports good news it wouldn’t last long.

I’ve often wondered why some major cable channel doesn’t run a “good news” program. 30 minutes with nothing but good stories. Even if some of the stories were simply the positive angle from tragedies (like a fire rescue, for example). I think there’s a market for something like this, though obviously not as a replacement for traditional news.

I cut myself off anytime that I go to Disney. As far as I'm concerned, when I'm there, if it isn't Disney related then I don't want to know about it! The only allowed TV channels are the one that run's Mickey cartoons and, of course, Stacey's Must Do Must Dos. That's my break from the real world. Of course, what do you see when waiting at the airport to go home? The news. :(

I did it years ago and still do. I don't actively watch the news...at all, from any source. My gym has a bunch of TVs with no sound, one is on MSNBC and one on Fox News. I'll "see" bits and pieces if I look up at it, but I really don't pay attention to them. I wouldn't even call Fox a news channel anyway, from the very few bits I've seen.
Yet MSNBC is a news source??? Your bias is showing.

I normally look at my local news. There can be depressing stuff on there but I like to be informed of things going on. I also use Nextdoor where the City, Police Department, and County all add things on there. Plus neighbors, even as fluff stuff as they can complain about, can also have some good information. Half the time that's how I find out about a commercial construction project in terms of what's going in there lol.

When I'm on vacation I do curtail how much news I'm looking at but I still tend to look at it.

The media is so one sided... they need to report all the news in a unbiased platform... We need real news... of national and world news of importance... not this garbage that they call new now....
That's why I go to look up any given news source's media bias. I've learned over time to look at things in terms of that. Doesn't mean the information they give is inaccurate (though some sources do) but there are times where a clear bias by usage of words, fonts, images, even format of the webpage are used.

I stick to CBS Sunday Morning. Yes it's fluff unicorn and rainbow pieces, yet it's something I need. I've cut way back on national news and tune into local news after the first 15 minutes for weather & fluff. Some stories lately I didn't find out until my phone alerted me.

Love CBS Sunday Morning. It's not all unicorns and rainbows, but I think it's easy to "forget" the serious pieces because their reporting style is so much more subdued and even-handed than what we may be used to these days.

And I'm not a particularly sappy person, but Steve Hartmann stories get to me every time. He helps restore my faith in humanity on a weekly basis.

For sports updates and weather I'll watch.

I have completely tuned out political anything as I don't believe anything that is told to me anyways. There is no more reporting, just biased points of views and agendas with no accountability for accuracy. So why bother.

I'll listen to interesting stories like the California wildfires and what not but I tune out reports of murder and robbery and all of that as it does nothing positive for me to know about it.

I do watch things like Vice and sometimes 60 minutes as those stories tend to qualify as interesting. Vice is incredibly biased though, so I take anything opinionated with a grain of salt. But they report on things no one else does.

Yet MSNBC is a news source??? Your bias is showing.

You're reading far too much into what I said. I never said anything about MSNBC one way or the other. I don't know if they are or aren't a new source, and don't really care. The only thing I look at is the bottom scroll which has sports scores, so I can see who won the games I'm interested in. I'm not interested in news from Fox, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, Twitter, yesterdays' newspaper or the National Enquirer. I don't watch or listen to any of it.

You're reading far too much into what I said. I never said anything about MSNBC one way or the other. I don't know if they are or aren't a new source, and don't really care. The only thing I look at is the bottom scroll which has sports scores, so I can see who won the games I'm interested in. I'm not interested in news from Fox, MSNBC, CBS, PBS, Twitter, yesterdays' newspaper or the National Enquirer. I don't watch or listen to any of it.
So, then what, in your limited viewing of FOX, made up your mind that it is not a news organization?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!