Do you ever find yourself telling stangers about......

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
...your Dis addiction...

I was in a UK Disney shop...in the trafford Centre, and this lady was encouraging her daughter to save her pennies for their visit to the world because the shop was much bigger and she could get more for her money...so I then asked are you going soon...she told me next year.....

'oh' I said 'do you go on the internet?'
'yes' she replied
'have you ever been on the disboards?' I enquired
'no'
'wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, you must go on lots of info and a podcast that beats all the rest, you will find loads of info and some right nice folk....tips and hints and things you never knew...' I told her. Then I told her the address and we parted company....or should I say she walked away from me:rotfl2:

Anyway this is my Dis confession and I must admit its not the first time...in fact I am going to start making little Dis business cards and handing them out when I find a person in need.:rotfl2:
angie

Not strangers, but most work colleagues, family and friends know of my interest in Disney :)

Yep, I admit to it. I approach complete strangers if they're wearing a Mickey t-shirt and start up with them.

Haven't started approaching strangers yet ;)

All my friend and family put up with my Dis chat - I am forever quoting the podsquad to my mum and she has yet to ask who Pete,Kevin,John,Bob,Corey and Julie are:goodvibes Maybe best she doesn't - it will only confuse her

I've had complete strangers approach me and tell me that they've heard I'm the person to go to for Disney. I gladly share about the information that can be found on site. I'll do the research for them. I would share with strangers and direct them here, but not my friends and my family. This is my little haven. I don't want to share with people I know.

I don't approach strangers, but my sister "refers" alot of strangers to me when she finds out they are plannning a Disney trip, I usually tell them about the DIS but most are WDW 1st timers and quickly get overwhelmed when coming here and then they call me all in a panic because they had no clue what was involved in planning a trip to the World. I can't tell you how many had no intention of doing any research at all. They thought they were just going to show up and have a great time...then they see the DIS and how people plan and they freak out :eek:

WaltD4Me - It's funny that you've had people approach you for travel planning advice! This has happened to me TWICE in the last 2 weeks. One friend actually realizes (b/c her sister's a big WDW fan) that planning is a good thing, meant not to overwhelm but to PREVENT you from getting overwhelmed! But the other friend, I think, decided at the last minute to go to Orlando for Spring Break. They've never been to Disney World and feel like they "should" go as long as they're down there but aren't devoting the whole week to it. Well, I wrote down a few websites to check out, including this one, and tucked them inside my Birnbaum's guidebook. I tried to tell them gently to plan their time, even if it's only a day, b/c they'll have a disappointing visit if they don't, but at the same time don't assume planning is work!

I really don't mind. Planning a friend's trip is almost as fun as planning my own!

I really don't mind. Planning a friend's trip is almost as fun as planning my own!

Oh, me neither. I love planning a Disney trip, mine or someone else's. I prefer it be mine of course, but I'm happy to help anyone out.

I just planned a trip for my cousin. She hadn't been in 12 years. She got back Friday and said they had a fabulous time, but never would have seen as much as they did if it hadn't been for plans I sent her.

I haven't approached strangers yet, but everyone I know knows about the obsession. I'm known for it.

I don't approach strangers. I did help a guy that my husband knows through his job plan his trip though. He had pretty much everything figured out on his own but he needed to make changes to his itinerary once I got involved. I gave him a LOT of advice and internet websites. He booked his trip through Dreams Unlimited so he wasn't completely ignorant to begin with. :thumbsup2 I had fun working on his trip though. I wouldn't mind doing that again for someone else. He even called us a couple of times while he was down there. We had a basket from the Disney Florist sent to his room on their first day that he wasn't expecting. Just added to the magic! :wizard:

Strangers - no. At work, I have the rep of knowing something about Disney. Great, just what need, another reputation to uphold.

Great, just what need, another reputation to uphold.

Speaking of reputations... I give you Bawbarazzi 1st Class! Actually sat on the Kaht!!! :worship:

IMG_0139-1.jpg

U go, girl...

:thanks: Meeting Bob was a blast. He is a gentleman and an absolute sweetheart. I :love: Bawb.

You got to meet Bawb?!?! I am soooooooooooooooooooo jealous! That would too cool.

I just know I'm not going to see a darn thing on my next trip, because I'm going to be too busy looking for Bawb!

I have told people i vagely know about my Disney addiction, before they hear about it from someone else, cause it tends to get exagerated (or at least i have a chance to do damage control!). A few people ask about it, but they mainly go to my mom for the mine of information, and i end up chipping in.

I want to do the international programme, and i know the whole time im there i will be on 'podcast' or 'disboards' mode, i need to spot them at least once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter