Do you enjoy small talk with strangers, or do you try to avoid it at all costs?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
All my life I would avoid it, even if a stranger made eye contact with me, I would look away so there would be no conversation, but last 10 years I become more into it, in fact Im quite good at it, lol

Meh, :confused3 I can hold my own. In addition to just everyday life-type interactions, I have to attend a lot of social events for business and there's no choice but to be poised talking talking with strangers and distant acquaintances. I certainly wouldn't miss it if I never did it again though.

Last edited:
Meh, :confused3 I can certainly hold my own. In addition to just everyday life-type interactions, I have to attend a lot of social events for business and there's no choice but to be poised talking talking with strangers and distant acquaintances. I certainly wouldn't miss it if I never did it again though.

that made me laugh

I am very chatty. I'm the person standing in line and will just start talking to whoever is around me...
Me too. I will strike up conversations with strangers, which is very un-New York-like behavior.

Meh, :confused3 I can certainly hold my own. In addition to just everyday life-type interactions, I have to attend a lot of social events for business and there's no choice but to be poised talking talking with strangers and distant acquaintances. I certainly wouldn't miss it if I never did it again though.
Work events on the other hand are a chore. Many of my colleagues are gossipy and I avoid sharing personal details with most of them if at all possible.

Love talking with strangers. It's amazing, and often shocking, what strangers will tell you. On the other hand, I'm just as bad spilling my darkest secrets to them. It can really be tons of fun. Just think...you'll never see them again and it doesn't matter what they think.

I also like chatting with people. Today I was at Barnes and Noble and stuck up a conversation with a woman who was resting in the kids section. I enjoy talking to people, so it made my day.

It's not my natural persona, but I've gotten good at it. I'm a nurse and make home visits, you've gotta be able to chat or it gets pretty awkward.
The better I've gotten at 'small talk', the more I enjoy it. People are interesting...

I'm an extreme introvert who for some reason people assume is an extrovert. My husband says I am a magnet for people wanting to make small talk and tell their problems to. Sometimes I end up enjoying it (the adorable older veteran in the dermatologist last week, I was sad when we were called in as he was so interesting!) to random parents at my kids' sports practice telling me really personal things about their kids that should remain private. I won't sit there anymore and just go workout now that they are older. I was starting to feel like a captive animal listening to other moms talk about themselves and their kids and nodding and smiling/looking sad. I like all of my neighbors but dart out to the mailbox quickly to avoid them (sometimes I get 'captured' by someone lurking out front and end up chatting for awhile as I don't like to hurt anyone's feelings).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter