Do You Consider Yourself a Feminist?

• Yes

• No

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailors Created 'Rape List' Aboard Navy's 2nd Sub to Integrate Women

https://www.military.com/daily-news...ist-aboard-navys-2nd-sub-integrate-women.html

So tell me again how women are treated equally.:mad:

Please see my post above. Rape will always be present in human society. It is silly to think it will just go away. It happens extensively in prison also where no women are present. I have no idea why women don’t arm themselves and kill any man that attacks them. That is the only certain way that a weaker person can defend themselves against a much stronger violent person. This is true for men and it’s true for women.

Okay, so maybe your school was lax AND you didn't have a parent or older sibling who shared such things with you. But I remember clearly reading about birth control in teen magazines in the 70s/80s; every teen magazine published a big birth control article at least every third edition. Today that information is even more widely available /very private through the internet. Who puts any medicine into her body without reading /understanding how it works?

Again, this really is common knowledge. It's as basic as taking the pill at the same time every day. It's as basic as knowing that using two methods of birth control is smarter than relying upon just one.
It's also the patient's job to listen carefully to all information and to read the materials provided. Ultimately no one cares about your medications more than you yourself; thus, the ultimate responsibility is your own.
3. Birth control also gives men the opportunity for consequence-free sex. Fair enough. I should have spelled out that birth control ALSO gives men that opportunity.
Legally, sure you can have sex with all the people you want -- married or not.
Now, if you ask whether it's ethical or wise, those are different questions.
Are you really advocating that patients learn about drug interactions piecemeal via word of mouth and teen magazines instead of from the doctor prescribing the drugs? Common knowledge is only common knowledge if it’s been a part of your life experience — you don’t know what you don’t know.

I mentioned earlier that one of my friends got pregnant in high school because she didn’t know about, and her doctor didn’t inform her of, the birth control/antibiotic interaction. When it happened, it was news to me as well. I didn’t know about that risk and, funnily enough, one of our favorite pastimes was reading teen magazines at her house (I wasn’t allowed to have them in my home).

I had another friend who thought nothing of taking her birth control pills whatever time of the day she remembered it, and would double up the next day if she forgot it altogether. She didn’t realize this was a problem until she ended up pregnant and someone finally told her they don’t work like that.

A third friend thought she was being extra safe by having the guy wear two condoms, not realizing that actually put her at more risk.

The crazy thing is, we all went to a school that had forward and sometimes rather graphic sex ed curriculums. I remember learning about, and being quizzed on, household items women could use to... um... well, I don’t think I can say it on the DIS. Yet, there was still the aforementioned lack of understanding about birth control. I can only imagine how much more misinformed teens would be if they’d only ever gone through abstinence-only programs.

Just because your life experience makes something common knowledge does not mean that holds true for everyone else.

Last edited:
If they continue to view the solution as feminizing men rather than becoming stronger as individuals the worse it will be in the long run.

May I ask you to clarify what you mean when you use the phrase "feminizing men"? I don't want to jump to conclusions about your intended reference?

In this case it has become an ideology that often isn’t based on fact.

The women that posted about people telling her daughter she should consider nursing rather than research (in some ways very reasonable advice and nursing is no longer strictly a career path for women) also stated that male life expectancy is lower because men make bad choices. She stated it wasn’t biological it wasn’t neglect by society they simply make bad choices that result in their premature demise and that accounts for the difference in life expectancy between men and women. I pointed out that at every age the mortality rate in the US is higher for males then females. Can it possibly be that male babies from birth to 1 year of age made bad choices that resulted in their death. This is one of the mythologies of the feminist ideology. There are biological differences between men and women that impact mortality and behavior and many other things that can be claimed to not exist but in reality do exist.

I strongly support equality under the law for everyone. If there is wage discrimination then pursue in the courts. The DOJ has a progressive bent and they would love to nail a large US corporation for gender discrimination (except very progressive corporations maybe) :).

Women are a majority of the population in the US and a majority of the voters and actually control much of the wealth due to life expectancy differences.

It seems to me that the feminist approach is to scapegoat men rather than making women stronger. The more they can make women the oppressed and men the oppressor the happier they are fighting the glorious fight. Women need to be stronger within themselves and not blame men for everything.

If they continue to view the solution as feminizing men rather than becoming stronger as individuals the worse it will be in the long run.

Please just strengthen yourselves and fight when you need to fight but don’t demonize men. Most men have had a rough time in life also.

I strongly believe in self defense and if a man attacks you shoot him. The old adage was God created man but Samuel Colt made them equal. A colt firearm makes women equal also when dealing with a stronger violent man. Have a gun and shoot to kill any man that attacks you.

If you want to be eternal victims you certainly can but I don’t believe that you have to be. I love and respect women immeasurably and hope that you do put an end to any real inequities that still exist but don’t do it by demonizing men. It is just not a winning strategy.

A, None of the things you're citing came from me in any way, shape or form. B, don't put words in my mouth. I neither demonized men nor claimed to be any type of victim. C, I absolutely did not advocate for feminizing men -- although I don't accept that as being inherently insulting either. There's nothing wrong with being female or feminine. That's not stating anything negative about being male or masculine. Normally it's only considered degrading to be considered feminine and the only time it's negative to be considered masculine is when it's being used in an attempt to put a female in her place.

Please see my post above. Rape will always be present in human society. It is silly to think it will just go away. It happens extensively in prison also where no women are present. I have no idea why women don’t arm themselves and kill any man that attacks them. That is the only certain way that a weaker person can defend themselves against a much stronger violent person. This is true for men and it’s true for women.

Sadly, we live in a society where so many people operate under the premise that rape occurring in men's prisons and women's prisons somehow "doesn't count." Certainly according to my former sociology instructor... :rolleyes2

It's DISGUSTING, and I will push back against it until the die I day.

I'll thank you not to take it upon yourself to tell me how I "feel" about something...

Yes, I do encourage people to consider why voracious sexual interactions with others are so pertinent to their lives. That doesn't mean they can't do it. Legally, they can. Legally, consenting adults can have whatever kinds of relationships they want -- that's where I was agreeing with you...but you seem to just want to psychoanalyze me.

This whole discussion began from the premise that irresponsible sexual practices have consequences. Why is cautioning people to think before they act so unreasonable? Would you be objecting to that suggestion if it was anybody else here in this board other than me who had suggested it?

You were the one who stated how you feel about it, I merely responded to it.

Actually this whole discussion arose out of a question as to whether someone identifies as a feminist or not.

As usual, the thinly veiled innuendo, arguing and attacks have reached a point where there is no longer an actual discussion so it is apparent the thread has reached the point of no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter