Do you, as a couple, have any 'traditions'?

Long stretches? Try parenting full time. Those are long stretches. Birth until they leave for university.

I've always been impressed by parenting. These have been trial by fire for me as I know/knew very, very little about small kids. So far, they're properly dressed, fed, and loved on; that's the best I've got. I was really just being silly and making fun of myself. All parents know kids are work; I had been clueless mainly, so I poke fun at my own ignorance.

I've always been impressed by parenting. These have been trial by fire for me as I know/knew very, very little about small kids. So far, they're properly dressed, fed, and loved on; that's the best I've got. I was really just being silly and making fun of myself. All parents know kids are work; I had been clueless mainly, so I poke fun at my own ignorance.

I know you were just poking fun of yourself. I am surprised that you didn't know kids require a lot of attention. It's pretty much all about them when they are around, must be hard for you, being in a very new relationship. You really jumped into the fire quickly getting engaged so soon.

I know you were just poking fun of yourself. I am surprised that you didn't know kids require a lot of attention. It's pretty much all about them when they are around, must be hard for you, being in a very new relationship. You really jumped into the fire quickly getting engaged so soon.

I knew they were gobtons of work. I poke fun by saying "did you know kids are work? You have to feed them multiple times a day. It's crazy." And such silliness. We actually went ahead and married so it has been a whirlwind, but when you know you know.

I knew they were gobtons of work. I poke fun by saying "did you know kids are work? You have to feed them multiple times a day. It's crazy." And such silliness. We actually went ahead and married so it has been a whirlwind, but when you know you know.

Congratulations.

Bigger children are even more work.

I'm scared now.

Eh, it's a different kind of work. I don't think one age is easier than another, just like I don't think either gender is easier.

We actually went ahead and married so it has been a whirlwind, but when you know you know.

Wow - I've been off line a bit lately, but didn't know I'd missed so much. Congratulations!!

Eh, it's a different kind of work. I don't think one age is easier than another, just like I don't think either gender is easier.

Wow - I've been off line a bit lately, but didn't know I'd missed so much. Congratulations!!

Thanks.

The children were an added bonus I didn't know my heart would be so open to.

For me my kids were super easy between the ages of 3 and about 8. My girl was definitely easier than my boys through the teen years, although I know this is different for everyone.

We met on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights NJ on June 10, 1966, and most every year since we go there that day. It was hard when we lived in Ohio, but we tried. We’re back in NJ now.:)

Is anything still on the Seaside Heights boardwalk that was there in 1966? I think my first visit was sometime in the late 60's. Last visit was a year or two before the 2012 hurricane and 2013 fire.

When we go to bed I set the coffee maker for 6:00 a.m. If I get up first I put his coffee mug on the counter along with his morning pills. If he gets up first he puts my mug on the counter along with my probiotic powder and my flavored creamer.

One never leaves the house without kissing the other, a hug and saying “I love you.”

When we go to our place up north we take a walk together along the main trail, which is about a mile in length.

We have tons of daily/weekly little 'traditions' as we both like routines together
- I make his coffee/lunch every morning and we kiss good-bye/I love you before he leaves (I work at home)
- he always opens my car door for me or any door we approach together
- we hold hands constantly, even in the car
- we sit together cuddling on the chaise part of our couch every night when watching TV
- we read together in bed every weeknight for an hour before lights out
- we make a menu and shopping list then shop for groceries together every weekend

Many more things, like planning and taking vacations, holiday traditions, etc - we just love spending every spare moment together!

Two things we do that I can think of off the top of my head... trim our Xmas tree with The Sound of Music playing in the background, and we sign “I love you” to each other when one or both of us have to drive somewhere alone.

Im not sure what would be a tradition versus just a routine:

we have a lot of routines and work pretty seemlessly together. A coupe of weeks ago, when we were making the bed I was joking that it felt like a scene from the start of a movie-----we both have our parts and the whole thing is made, with throw pillows and folded blanket at the foot in about 30 seconds without a break in the conversation.

I think of a tradition more as something we'd do together for the sake of enjoying it, not just because it is smoother/faster/easier.
One silly one we do is that DH travels often for work. he always sends a WhatsApp photo of his dinner and I send one of mine. It started as a joke: he'd be at a bussiness dinner with some exotic something in China or fabulous Michelen Star place in France and I'd be eating PBJ---and now it is just a nice way to touch base even when there isn't time to really talk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!