Do you, as a couple, have any 'traditions'?

We always try to kiss in elevators.

We were long distance the first 14 or so months of our relationship so the first time we'd often see each other was meeting in a hotel lobby. We'd always kiss in the elevator.

Note: quick peck, not tonsil hockey

On Black Friday we skip the madness and go to a Christmas tree farm to cut down our tree! We like supporting local businesses and the memories it forms for our family :)

A kiss for luck when on a plane and taxiing for takeoff.

Examples:

Every night, you put hand cream on your partner's hands or feet.

When you go to bed, whoever brushes their teeth first puts toothpaste on the other's toothbrush for them. Can also work in the morning, and the first one up puts the paste on the other's toothbrush.

Or The first one to bed turns down both sides.

I get up every morning and make him scrambled eggs ala Gordon Ramsey, oatmeal and coffee. On the weekends, usually Sundays, I'll make waffles (Kodiak for him, regular for me and DS). Saturdays he makes breakfast.

He kisses my head (I'm usually sitting at my computer desk, eating breakfast) and says "I love you" when he leaves for work.

He texts me when he is leaving work to head home, and I tell him to drive safe. That one started so that I could have dinner ready for him, instead of waiting 45 minutes when he gets home (leaves the house by 6:30am, home usually about 7:30pm.)

We hold hand or at least touch each other while sitting on the couch watching tv.

Saturday mornings, I usually get woken up by getting a major back/leg rubdown.

He still doesn't put toilet paper on the roll. Neither do I now..the cats will rip an entire roll to shreds within minutes if I do. I just set it on top now, haha.

We've been together 26 years now, and married 19 this August.

On Black Friday we skip the madness and go to a Christmas tree farm to cut down our tree! We like supporting local businesses and the memories it forms for our family :)
We do this too, but it was a family tradition of mine that we carried on. The first Christmas after my parents were married, they got their Christmas tree from a local tree farmer on Black Friday. He had just started selling trees. They have gone every black Friday since. I've never gotten my tree anywhere else or any other day. It is now a huge tree farm complete with tractor rides and a petting zoo. They got their first tree there 43 years ago, and now we meet and pick out our trees together.

Not really. I cook dinner and he puts the food away. He always sits to my left in the movies. That's about it.

We have what we think of as a tradition; eating at a DDD restaurant whenever we travel to a location that has one.

:laughing: We just started that over April vacation!

We celebrate the anniversary of our first date (in late February) as our personal Valentine's Day because it's way less crowded.

The other one says "Be safe. Have a good day. I love you." to the person leaving first in the morning.

We sometimes have "Date Night In" with a movie or a few episodes of whatever series we're watching.

We do this too, but it was a family tradition of mine that we carried on. The first Christmas after my parents were married, they got their Christmas tree from a local tree farmer on Black Friday. He had just started selling trees. They have gone every black Friday since. I've never gotten my tree anywhere else or any other day. It is now a huge tree farm complete with tractor rides and a petting zoo. They got their first tree there 43 years ago, and now we meet and pick out our trees together.
Hubs tries to be a grinch every year and tells me "we're NOT doing this again next year! we're just going to home depot!!! :furious:" but sure enough, by the next year he forgets all about his rage and he trudges along like a good sport :rolleyes2

Ours is more silly phrases - like when we say I love you and its been a stressful time we always end it in, "Really, Really" like from Shrek. When we say something like - I love you so much - we always say, "only so much?" and we laugh. Those are things we have been saying forever. Generally he always holds the door or opens my car door for me. Been doing that since we started dating when I was 15. He always offers me the cherry off of his shake or ice cream if they put one on it. When I know he is super tired I will bring him breakfast in bed and I pack his lunch every night before work. One last thing is he takes care of the tooth paste roll - he will push the tooth paste down the tube and put a binder clip on the end and always make sure its just right for getting out the end of the toothpaste lol! It's the little things, truly!!

We go out for dinner and drinks after we return the kids from their long stretches with us...because we need it. Great kids, but I don't know if ya'll knew this, but small children are work. I had no idea...lol.

We always kiss goodbye on work mornings and say I love you, have a good day.
We have date night once a month.

He is overseas right now- every morning he calls me via FB messenger and we videochat... me drinking my morning coffee and him eating his dinner. It starts my day out wonderfully and he says it ends his the same way. Although I feel badly that I always look a wreck... but he never fails to tell me how beautiful I look.
When he is home he puts my favorite coffee cup on the Keurig for me... every Saturday morning we go to the Commissary to get groceries together.
We almost always sit on the same side of the table at a restaurant.... honestly, if we want to talk it's a necessity as he is quite hard of hearing from being in the Army for 29 years.
And we hold hands constantly- I love that.

Long stretches? Try parenting full time. Those are long stretches. Birth until they leave for university.

Or even part-time parenting for more than a few weeks :rotfl:

I don't actually think that we really have any traditions. Might need to make some.

ETA - just saw Mermaid's post. We always sit across from each other at restaurants and he walks on my right. Like Mermaid, it is down to my hearing. I try to have everyone walk on my right (that ear is better, even with my hearing aids). I don't properly read lips, but much easier to "hear" when I can the person's face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter