Do you, as a couple, have any 'traditions'?

jaye614

Mouseketeer
Examples:

Every night, you put hand cream on your partner's hands or feet.

When you go to bed, whoever brushes their teeth first puts toothpaste on the other's toothbrush for them. Can also work in the morning, and the first one up puts the paste on the other's toothbrush.

Or The first one to bed turns down both sides.

I scratch her back and she enjoys it. Does that count????

every night before bed I say 'nighty night sleep tight punk sweet dreams'. it started as a cheesy saying when we were in high school and would talk on the phone late at night and continued every since.

we also don't say 'good bye', we say 'later'.

Never leave the house without a kiss and love you. I’m usually still half asleep in the morning.

I guess we do the same before going to sleep too.

Examples:

Every night, you put hand cream on your partner's hands or feet.

When you go to bed, whoever brushes their teeth first puts toothpaste on the other's toothbrush for them. Can also work in the morning, and the first one up puts the paste on the other's toothbrush.

Or The first one to bed turns down both sides.
Honestly, these examples (except turning down the bed) make me feel a little ill. :sick:

We have what we think of as a tradition; eating at a DDD restaurant whenever we travel to a location that has one. One very fond memory I have of my Dparents is that my Dad took my Mom a cup of coffee in bed every single morning of their lives together until he was no longer physically able to do so. :goodvibes

Last edited:
We have 2 - WDW for our anniversary and my husband puts a glass of ice water on the nightstand for me every night.

Honestly, these examples (except turning down the bed) make me feel a little ill. :sick:

We have what we think of as a tradition; eating at a DDD restaurant whenever we travel to a location that has one. One very fond memory I have of my Dparents is that my Dad took my Mom a cup of coffee in bed every single day of their lives together until he was not longer physically able to do so. :goodvibes

I kinda thought the same thing...

On the nights DH isn't working, after we kiss goodnight, DH tells me, "Wake me up if you need anything." He said it the first time right after we got married & has been saying it ever since.

He also always texts me when he gets to work to let me know he arrived safely.

Oh, &, sometime during the Christmas season, we make hot chocolate & drive around different neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights. We have to have hot chocolate (& we have to make it ourselves) because, once, when we were dating, we were driving around looking at Christmas lights & decided we wanted some hot chocolate. We went through a McDonald's drive-thru. Hot chocolate was on the menu, but, when we ordered it, the employee told us, through the drive thru speaker, "Okay, but you'll have to make it yourselves." We were like seriously? And, sure enough, when we drove up to the window, she handed out to us 2 cups of hot water, 2 hot chocolate packets, & 2 stirrers.

I kinda thought the same thing...

On the nights DH isn't working, after we kiss goodnight, DH tells me, "Wake me up if you need anything." He said it the first time right after we got married & has been saying it ever since.

He also always texts me when he gets to work to let me know he arrived safely.

Oh, &, sometime during the Christmas season, we make hot chocolate & drive around different neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights. We have to have hot chocolate (& we have to make it ourselves) because, once, when we were dating, we were driving around looking at Christmas lights & decided we wanted some hot chocolate. We went through a McDonald's drive-thru. Hot chocolate was on the menu, but, when we ordered it, the employee told us, through the drive thru speaker, "Okay, but you'll have to make it yourselves." We were like seriously? And, sure enough, when we drove up to the window, she handed out to us 2 cups of hot water, 2 hot chocolate packets, & 2 stirrers.
:goodvibes That's cute and sweet but I'm dying laughing thinking about actually doing it! By the time I could rouse my DH from his dead sleep, explain two or three times what I needed until his brain engaged and then wait for him to actually execute, it would probably be morning! :rotfl2:

:goodvibes That's cute and sweet but I'm dying laughing thinking about actually doing it! By the time I could rouse my DH from his dead sleep, explain two or three times what I needed until his brain engaged and then wait for him to actually execute, it would probably be morning! :rotfl2:

LOL!! Yes! Exactly!!

When we first got married, I thought, "Oh, that's so sweet & romantic!"

Now, after 23 years of realizing how deeply DH sleeps, I'm like, "Whatever..."

I've held screaming babies to his ear & gotten nothing from him.

Never leave the house without a kiss and love you. I’m usually still half asleep in the morning.

I guess we do the same before going to sleep too.

That's about it here too. Started after we both lost our fathers.

We have what we think of as a tradition; eating at a DDD restaurant whenever we travel to a location that has one. One very fond memory I have of my Dparents is that my Dad took my Mom a cup of coffee in bed every single morning of their lives together until he was no longer physically able to do so. :goodvibes

I am with that's kinda creepy set.

He's tall one and I'm short one. He'll put that on the envelope to cards to me whereas I'll put "my love" but still verbally or through text it's "short one" and then for him it's "tall one".

Movie night used to be Friday night but then AMC Stubs cheap tickets started for Tuesdays so now we generally see movies on Tuesday.

We go to bed at the same time and have for years but one of us may not fall asleep at that moment. Nowadays that's me and usually I'm reading on my Kindle.

For 4+ years we've gotten in the habit of buying Christmas cards, Valentine's Day cards, anniversary cards when we're together. It comprises of "you go to that side of the store while I look for your card" and then we switch. It's only the cards and it's our inside joke to us. Birthday cards aren't normally like that unless he decides to buy my birthday card at the same time as anniversary (as my birthday is several weeks after our anniversary) or when we're looking for Mother's Day cards (as my birthday is early May).

When we are fighting in text, and one of wants to stop fighting, we will type the phrase Te Amo, which is "I love you", in Spanish. TBH, it's usually him, and when I see it sometimes whe,n we are in the heat of battle I have to admit that i get annoyed because I want to keep fighting until he sees that I am RIGHT!! Lol but seriously....it really is our cue to remember why we are together in the first place and why we want to stay that way! That tiny little phrase has probaby kept us from divorce more than once! Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!