Do you and your spouse dance?

God, I wish! When I was a young adult it was my primary exercise; the thing that made the difference in keeping my weight down. DH is game to try, but embarrassingly bad at dancing; he steps on others and bumps into people. As a result we don't ever dance socially, and my weight has ballooned. Now that our youngest is old enough to be left alone at home, I'm planning to formally take up dancing classes again; ballet and jazz it will be.

My husband and I dance. I'm significantly taller, so he prefers that I lead (we're both guys). He's a much better dancer than I am (he's actually classically trained in ballet) so I prefer that he leads. Basically if we are doing one dance (like maybe at a wedding) I lead, if we're "going dancing" he will usually lead.

It's interesting that leading is such a gendered expectation. It's nice that you guys can trade off. DH and I certainly trade leadership in other aspects of our lives. Not sure why it's so important to me that DH lead in this, when clearly he doesn't want to. Food for thought.

Well, it is easier for the taller person to lead, probably why it's fallen to the men. I've done both and leading is a bit more stressful, following more fun.

DH and I met dancing (he took classes from me), competed around the country together, and taught for years. Then we just quit, I got sick. Yes, incredible exercise and I miss it.

Anyway, you never know. He might have latent talent, and you obviously have desire. Besides the physical aspect, it's incredibly good for the brain. My suggestion would be group classes that rotate, if you're ok dancing with other people. We insisted, because "strange" women will actually allow a man to lead and it cuts down on fighting between partners in relationships.

Depending on the type of wedding, you can find classes in ballroom, country, swing, salsa, tango, just so many styles. It's a very nice and social activity. Now I want to start up again, wondering if DH's hip replacement can handle it.

Nope. DH and his sister taught me how to do a basic dance for our wedding. I've got no coordination or rhythm.

I am not a very good dancer and DH hates it because he feels like he isn’t either. However, DS is getting married in May and I told DH he has to dance at least one slow dance with me. It will be the sway and move a bit version mentioned above. I do some line dances but am not great at those either. But I’m gonna do them and have fun with it!

Not anymore but we use to. I can’t remember the last time we dance. When we first started going out we use to go Swing Dancing. It was actually our first real date and we went for awhile afterwards. We also took a Salsa lessons for a bite. Now we never dance just watch our girls dance.

I broke my pelvis and dislocated my hip in a big auto accident last April. Thanks to a great surgeon and a ton of physical therapy, I gradually went from being bedridden to a wheelchair to a walker to a cane to finally standing and walking on my own. I was able to dance with my wife at my niece's wedding in November. It was a sweet victory to hold my DW and dance with her again. It's one of those things I took for granted before, but I never will again.
Wonderful! Continued good health to you!

Yes, we dance. Both slow and not.
Our community often has music /dj’s/ slow/fast/western etc. as well as many dances.
Often the girls will dance all the songs while the guys relax .. till the slower music starts and up they pop to join in. Fun.

DH loves to dance, me not so much. I have two left feet, even with a good lead. We do slow dance once in a while at weddings or other special occasions. Fast dancing I leave to him, I got no moves.

We do Two Step and some sort of form of the waltz. Lol. Mostly we Two Step.

I used to do a lot of swing dancing and jitterbug. But I had a friend who was an amazing dancer.

My grandparents danced, like really danced. It was always a treat when I would get a chance to dance with my grandfather. His hand was like a clamp on my lower back and it didn't make a difference if I knew the moves or not, he took care of everything. And he thought to properly dance you needed to cover the entire floor - so much fun.

My husband and I ..... sway.

Well, DH has a meeting tonight but we got as far as talking about it. He is on board. I showed him part of the video I found and he is relieved that there is an easy tutorial to follow. I'm feeling optimistic!

I look at dancing as a form of exercise, and when I compare it to other types of exercise I could do, I find it to be one of my least favorite. So no, I don't really dance.

DH loves to dance, me not so much. I have two left feet, even with a good lead. We do slow dance once in a while at weddings or other special occasions. Fast dancing I leave to him, I got no moves.

So nice to see another couple like us exists. My DH actually enjoys dancing and I’m the one who doesn’t. He is good at it and I’m hopeless. I feel awkward, uncomfortable and so embarrassed.

Not married but...

I am a dancer. I like to dance. My dancing is generally done at home in private.

Unknown to me, there was a DJ at our work Christmas party. Which of course led to some dancing. It was not something I really planned on doing. But due to peer pressure I ended up dancing. My date danced for maybe 5 minutes before he sat dance and watched me.

The last guy I dated was a dancer. He really surprised me, when one night I started dancing and he got up and danced with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter