Do you always try to get the same room? or do you care?

I will be going on my 6th cruise next summer and will have stayed in the same stateroom (classic ships) 4 out of our six cruises! If our favorite stateroom is available, I think of it as a sign that we were meant to go on that cruse! :rolleyes1:)

Last edited:
We're headed out on cruise #5 in a couple weeks and already have cruise #6 booked. We haven't even booked the same category room on two different cruises, let alone the same room. I've enjoyed trying out different types of rooms and different locations. Maybe once I get up to Platinum level, I might develop an affinity for a specific room. I am definitely developing preferences. I prefer ocean view or verandah over inside. I prefer midship or forward over aft. Thus far, I prefer a middle deck over a higher deck. But our next cruise is the first one we'll be on deck 2 so we'll see how much we like that.

I have not booked the same stateroom twice but it's not because I don't care it's because I'm interested in trying something new. Being a solo cruiser I would be content with an inside stateroom but out of all my cruises I have been in an inside room three times and one of those was one of those inside sideway rooms. The largest stateroom I have stayed in was a veranda but it seem to prefer staterooms with a window.

We're headed out on cruise #5 in a couple weeks and already have cruise #6 booked. We haven't even booked the same category room on two different cruises, let alone the same room. I've enjoyed trying out different types of rooms and different locations. Maybe once I get up to Platinum level, I might develop an affinity for a specific room. I am definitely developing preferences. I prefer ocean view or verandah over inside. I prefer midship or forward over aft. Thus far, I prefer a middle deck over a higher deck. But our next cruise is the first one we'll be on deck 2 so we'll see how much we like that.

I will be curious to hear about what you think about Deck 2. I have only been on Deck 9 for our Disney Cruises. I have however been in the lower decks on other cruise lines, and didn't care for it. Mind you I'm sure Disney is better, but the lower cabins tended to have more engine noise, vibration, and on Carnival you actually heard the water hitting the Hull. (we were in the front of the ship....) You might think it would be "soothing", but it actually became annoying at times. Please report back......

I will be curious to hear about what you think about Deck 2. I have only been on Deck 9 for our Disney Cruises. I have however been in the lower decks on other cruise lines, and didn't care for it. Mind you I'm sure Disney is better, but the lower cabins tended to have more engine noise, vibration, and on Carnival you actually heard the water hitting the Hull. (we were in the front of the ship....) You might think it would be "soothing", but it actually became annoying at times. Please report back......

I'll try to remember to report back. I know there are a lot of deck 2 fans here on the Disboards so I'm anxious to see how I like it. If I'd been able to book earlier, I probably would have booked deck 6 or 7, but this was a very "last minute" cruise and I had to select the best option out of very limited availability.

We just booked our second Disney Cruise. We sailed on the Dream last time, and had a Deluxe Family with Verandah. We loved the Stateroom. This time we are going on the Fantasy, but we were able to get the exact same room, (same room number, same location, same....same) as on the Dream. We loved everything about the stateroom on the Dream, we were happy to be able to get the exact same stateroom on the fantasy.

This is us exactly! Took our first cruise last month on the Dream and actually booked a GTY stateroom so weren't sure what we'd get. Loved the room and location and booked the exact same stateroom for our cruise on the Fantasy in February! :cheer2: We are creatures of habit so I can see us continuing this trend!

We like to book forward on Deck 10 starboard. Cabins, 10500,10502, 10504 or 10506.
Those cabins are at the very end of the hall, right next to the bridge and under the Rainforest and are very quiet. We really like the overhang as well to keep things shady and cool.
good to know we were GTY and assigned 10506 YAY!

We like the extreme aft rooms (looking straight out the rear of the ship). On the Dream/Fantasy, Cat 5E prefer deck 9. On the Wonder/Magic, Cat 6A 6152/6652 is the best we can usually do,

We definitely have a favorite (the bump-out veranda rooms in concierge), but that can be tough to get if you don't reserve early.

We love the sideways 1 br concierge suites right by the midship elevators on deck 8 of the classic ships. Great big veranda and close to everything we are interested in.

We are going on our first Disney cruise in June 2018 and have our second Disney cruise booked for November 2018. For both we booked oceanview cabin on Deck 2 but only because we prefer some natural light in our cabin and the price point for these rooms best fit what we were looking to spend. We sailed a lot with RCCL in the past and always booked different rooms going for the best room available at the price we were looking to spend.

We like the extreme aft rooms (looking straight out the rear of the ship). On the Dream/Fantasy, Cat 5E prefer deck 9. On the Wonder/Magic, Cat 6A 6152/6652 is the best we can usually do,
That’s our favorite too (Fantasy). We are staying in the aft room for the second time this summer. Last Christmas we cruised in a 5B, deck 8 and it just didn’t feel right. I love the aft and deck 9.

We generally look for the same "block" of rooms. We have an area we prefer on decks 6, 7, or 8 midship. So that's about 8 rooms per deck (4 if we're traveling with friends/family and need 2 rooms) that we look at.
No specific room, just in that block.

Once we tried a navigator veranda on a more pricier cruise and we were happy with it, we tend to book those, rather than mid ship.

I try to book the same category in the same general location. Our first cruise, a Western on the Fantasy we were in 9620, a 4A on the starboard side. On our second, an Eastern we booked 9120, the same category and location on the port side. We had the same stateroom host and he remembered us two years later.

Martin

I'm more particular about the deck I'm on vs mid/aft/fwd and/or room number. On the Classics I like deck 6&7 (we have a secret porthole on deck 6 on our next cruise on the Wonder as we couldn't justify a verandah for that particular cruise). Been on the Fantasy once only and must've changed our room 4-5 times before the cruise, ending up on deck 5 aft in a 4E. Loved it. Doing it on future Dream class cruises if they are available ;-)

With 3 kids, DW & I are stuck with CAT 4 & 8 (we pass on Concierge). We prefer being closer to the pool deck so book decks 8 & 10. I'm an old sailor so I get superstitious/silly when at sea. All my berthings at sea have been on the starboard side (8+ sea tours) so I always book us on the starboard side (except once and that was the worst (?) cruise). We've done the same cabin twice on a lark but have no real preference as to fwd, midship or aft. Each has it's pros/cons.

Favorites - Deck 6 or 7 aft on the classics in a 7A "secret" verandah. Deck 6 aft on the dream class ships in a 6B.

However, we did a quick 3 nighter on the Dream in an inside room and I thought that was fine due to the magic porthole.

We're headed out on our second Disney cruise in February. First one was on Fantasy with extended family and we had a rear facing balcony cabin that I really enjoyed. This next cruise in February is also on Fantasy and we have a rear facing balcony cabin, but one deck higher. YES we tend to book the same KIND of cabin each time, but not necessarily the same cabin.

Tom in Okeechobee

On the classic ships, we book the same cat. 5B midship starboard room whenever possible. We're Platinum and we usually booking opening day, so it has not been a problem in most cases. We like the location near the midship elevator lobby and want a stateroom that is NOT connecting, since it's just the two of us. We'll be on the Magic for multiple cruises next year and all but one cruise will be in our preferred room. The lone exception will be right next door. We made a late change from a Western Caribbean on the Wonder (with the same room location) to the EBTA on the Magic, so we did not book that cruise on opening day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts