Do you actually like reading trip reports?

Yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
I need to be able to say "It depends". :)

I like to read reports that are already completely finished being written here or that are being updated very very regularly. I'm personally not into reading reports where you get days 1 & 2 on Sept. 1st. Then days 3 &4 on Sept. 30th, then day 5 on November 16th, etc., because as more and more time goes on, I forget everything I already read...including who you are and what the trip is even all about. :)

I also tend to lose interest in ones that involve huge groups in which the people are all referred to by an initial or some sort of code. I get confused with those. I totally understand wanting privacy, and I'm all for that, but I am able to personally follow reports better when the writer uses fake names for people as opposed to DS1, SDD2, SIS4, ESIL'SDD'SBF; or B., K. KL, BP, Y, & A. 😉 Whether the writer chooses to call themselves "real" fake names like Sally, Yvette, Jorge, & Tina or fun fake names such as Mickey, Minnie, Donald, & Pluto or John, Paul, Ringo, & George, it's just flows so much better for me.

I agree about the initials! I enjoy reading them, I have a few that I really like b/c they take some awesome trips. Kinda makes me a little sad though that I can't go as often or splurge like some of the people in the TR. Oh well, guess I'll live vicariously through their trips :)

I think everyone here must like reading them if they've gone to this section of the boards :)
I like timely and quickly finished reports. And ones that say when they were last updated in the title! I do not like ones that are being written in 2020 but the trip was in 2018.

I LOVE them! Though I do have a “type” that I go for (writing style, amount of photos included, etc.). I have been reading TR’s for about 8 years now and not only have they helped me plan my eventual WDW trip, but they let me live vicariously through others from the other side of the country.

Yes, I love reading trip reports. They help with the post Disney depression and help me plan upcoming trips. Thank you to all the "authors" of the trip reports in all the forums here!

I voted no- but I like them if they are actually trip reports.
I don’t need the GIFs or whatever that take forever to load on my slow internet connect that don’t help me read and understand the trip report. I am more of a “just the facts” type of person though, so I don’t usually read blogs that have tons of photos or extraneous details either.
I’ve loved some of the trip reports though!

I love reading them and hearing everyone's different perspectives/experiences! Plus makes me feel like I'm there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter