Do we need to link reservations?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We originally had 4 nights booked at Portifino and then decided to add another night onto the beginning of the trip. We will be staying in a different type of room because the price on our original room went up significantly from when we booked. Will they move our luggage from one room to the next? How does that work and do I need to call and link these reservations together?

We have never done a split stay anywhere before so am unclear on how it works.

Let the check-in agent know about both of your reservations when you are checking in. They will help you with how to deal with your luggage and if you are lucky, they might be willing to give you the same room for the entire stay (as that can sometimes help them out without having to clean an extra room.) But you won't really know until you check-in.

I have done something similar in the past back before I was a Plat in the Loews program (the whole program was discontinued a few years ago.) I had asked about an upgrade to a suite room during my check-in. There wasn't one available the day I checked-in, but there was one available the next day. So I had to change rooms. They let me keep my items in my original room until the suite room was available. I then moved my luggage over and let them know when I was out of the original room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!