Do waitlists automatically borrow points and book?

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
hello -

We are thinking about a trip for f&w, but not 100% sure. We also maxed out 2018 points so this trip would borrow from 2019. If I do the waitlist and it comes through does it automatically book (and borrow the points)? Or can the waitlist come through but there is a stopping point that we could still not book the reservation? This way we could decide on whether we are going.

I see that. So if I select that and the reservation comes through is it just automatically booked? Or do I get an email saying to call and confirm I want it?

I see that. So if I select that and the reservation comes through is it just automatically booked? Or do I get an email saying to call and confirm I want it?
It will be booked as long as there are enough points available to cover the point cost. They should first use any banked points, followed by any current UY points, then they will borrow points if necessary. You should receive an email confirmation once the reservation has actually be made.

There will not be any point where DVC contacts you to see if you want to borrow and book. When you set up the waitlist you are giving the OK for that and they will do it automatically.

hello -

We are thinking about a trip for f&w, but not 100% sure. We also maxed out 2018 points so this trip would borrow from 2019. If I do the waitlist and it comes through does it automatically book (and borrow the points)? Or can the waitlist come through but there is a stopping point that we could still not book the reservation? This way we could decide on whether we are going.
As Kat posted, once you waitlist, the decision is made. No second chance to back out. The only way to "stop" is to cancel the waitlist before it comes through. Points aren't actually borrowed until the reservation is made.

Waitlist question :-

We are coming back 'home' on 27 Dec for 12 days

Will start booking SSR our home resort next week, but looking to try and move to BLT or Boulder Ridge at Wilderness at the 7month window

Can we waitlist for that before the 7mth window opens ?

No.
Waitlist question :-

We are coming back 'home' on 27 Dec for 12 days

Will start booking SSR our home resort next week, but looking to try and move to BLT or Boulder Ridge at Wilderness at the 7month window

Can we waitlist for that before the 7mth window opens ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter