Do Transferred in Points Show Up?

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
If you receive transferred points, do they show up in your account or do you have to call member services, to verify you have them?

I think if it's the same resort and same use year it does, but other than that, you have to call member services to verify and to also use them.

Yes, starry_solo has it correct. They only show if they are same resort and UY. Otherwise you need to call to use them. And if you make a resie with them and want to modify that resie, you have to call in again to do that. Also have to call to bank them and not all MS workers know about that and may try to say you can't. But you can. (can't borrow and can't transfer points that are already banked/borrowed)

And sometimes even when it’s the same UY and Resort they still won’t show. I think it’s safe to say that normally they will though. Different UY and/or Resort than where you own then they do not.

Wouldn't it be nice if Disney IT people actually wrote a program that worked? Or maybe I shouldn't complain. At least we have a bare bones, basic points management and reservation management program, even if it isn't very robust and even if those darn little Dwarfs keep destroying the work.

And sometimes even when it’s the same UY and Resort they still won’t show. I think it’s safe to say that normally they will though. Different UY and/or Resort than where you own then they do not.
It appears to me that it depends on how the CM processes the transfer and not all of them do it properly when the same resort & use year are involved.
Wouldn't it be nice if Disney IT people actually wrote a program that worked? Or maybe I shouldn't complain. At least we have a bare bones, basic points management and reservation management program, even if it isn't very robust and even if those darn little Dwarfs keep destroying the work.
Almost positive that transfers are a manual process. (Wouldn't surprise me if the current process is a work-around that involves a "note" in the Member's file). FWIW, I think DVC would do away with transfers entirely before they'd pay to rewrite software & databases to accommodate them. I'd rather they concentrate on fixing the basic "glitches" , improving reliability and improving the error messages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!