Do they grant wishes to adults?

Pink Jasmine

FAME, I'm Gonna Live Forever!
I am just wondering if it's only families with small kids they are targeting for wishes ... any grown ups get wishes?

Absolutely big kids get dreams. In early November there was a group of five women, all over 50, and we got Dream Fast Passes at MGM. Then last week there was a group of 7 of us, all adults again, and we got Dream Fast Passes at MK.

Yep, I know of group of 6 adults that all won dinner at Chef Mickey's a few weeks ago. They had no kids with them. From what I hear you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Pink Jasmine said:
I am just wondering if it's only families with small kids they are targeting for wishes ... any grown ups get wishes?

No "targeting" allowed -- it is pretty much "right place at the right time" -- there's a complicated formula for them to keep it legal. CM's can do some small things at any time, like they've always been able to do. The rest is pre-programmed somehow to be very miscellaneous.

One fun thing to do, is to be around the Hub in MK 15-20 minutes before the Family Fun Parade so you can get picked to be in the FF Parade -- they put you in groupls and you learn a little routine and march up Main Street -- it's really fun! Not sure how much you have to look like a "family" -- we're a 3-person, 3-generation family and we got asked if we wanted to be in it (at the time, I was looking for a bathroom and had to put that on hold!!!).

Anything that is related to the actual Sweepstakes (all the prizes that are listed in the offical rules of the sweepstakes itself) are completely random and a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

The Magical Moments that are being created is where you will see a lot of families and such because for a MM the Cast is picking the people. Magical Moments are things that are done to make the day better, but not a tangible prize in the sweepstakes, for example riding in the wheelhouse on the Riverboat or Waking up Tinkerbell, etc.

For the prizes, the Dream Squad is told exactlly where to go, when to be there and how many of what prize to issue. For example it will say Unload of the Tom Sawyer Island Rafts at 11:15am issue 25 Dream Lanyards. The first 25 people at 11:15am exiting a Tom Sawyer Island Raft will then be given the prize, no picking, no choosing, just the 25 people in the right place at the right time. The cast is not told where they are heading, what time they will be there or what they are issuing until about 10 minutes prior to the issue time, that way they can not tell people where to be (the sweepstakes follows very strict Florida and California State Laws to make sure there is not a bias od discrimination when it comes to the official prizes).

the Grand Marshalls for the MK parade was 2 adults this week! Good luck and hope all your disney dreams come true!

my friend and i were there in october (both 20 years old). It was that week when it was 95* and 89% humidity and we grabbed fast passes for big thunder cuz we didnt want to wait in the very warm hour long line. so we walked right past TONS of people waiting in the hot sun (and some shade) got right on after waiting about 30 seconds, and when we walked off, there was the dream team handing all of us on that train dream mickey ears!

We were all clapping and hootin and hollerin, it was GREAT and totally unexpected!

i hope you all get dreams, because it's really exciting!!!

I won't get to go back to WDW until September . . . Thanks for all your great posts. They are keeping me excited! Hope that there is still some magic left for me!

Lady McBeth

This is all such good news since my youngest DD is 12. No more tiny children any more. And my other DD is 26. The girls have some matching shirts so maybe that will get the dream teams attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter