Do they ever add more specialty days in?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
We are booked for a five day Caribbean on the Magic for March 2019 but the last Marvel Day At Sea is March 8th and our sail date is after this. Is there a chance DCL might add in a few more? Do they ever do this?

If I'm remembering correctly, they added the SWDAS to a couple Fantasy cruises that were not originally designated as such. My guess is they did it because those sailings weren't selling well and they wanted to boost bookings.

I don't think they've done this in the past, but I can still hope they add more this time. We are also on a 5 day Magic cruise in March and would love a Marvel day.

Now I don’t think I would care, but I might. What if they added Star Wars to a week I planned a more Mother-Daughter trip with color cordinated or matching outfits so we could match the characters that are our favorite each day, but we don’t like Star Wars and now we would lose pictures because characters are in costumes that are not of interest to us? Will I be making the Death Star with a towel class instead of a monkey? Will it be a Star Wars movie instead of Beauty and the Beast?
Could I change or will I lose a discount that I had from announcements week?

We are booked for a five day Caribbean on the Magic for March 2019 but the last Marvel Day At Sea is March 8th and our sail date is after this. Is there a chance DCL might add in a few more? Do they ever do this?

I was wondering something similar to this as well. We are going on a late September sailing (next year) and was wondering if they would do any type of Halloween activities or might they add that in later?

Yes they do. We booked May 2016 for a September 2017 cruise. A few months later (maybe October?) it was changed to a Halloween in the High Seas cruise.

Yes they do. We booked May 2016 for a September 2017 cruise. A few months later (maybe October?) it was changed to a Halloween in the High Seas cruise.

Had other HOTHS cruises been announced? I know they often release and then announce things like that - but I don't know that they have ever added on dated to the announced timeframe.

Had other HOTHS cruises been announced? I know they often release and then announce things like that - but I don't know that they have ever added on dated to the announced timeframe.

Haha, you’re assuming I can remember such things :) - honestly no idea. I just remember getting an email down the road that was like, Oh hey, now your cruise is a Halloween one.

Haha, you’re assuming I can remember such things :) - honestly no idea. I just remember getting an email down the road that was like, Oh hey, now your cruise is a Halloween one.

Could have been a late change, but most likely was all were released as regular and then DCL changed it to HOTHS. Seems to be the usual way - release with no specialty things, and then as soon as specialty things are announced the rates jump. ESPECIALLY Star Wars.

Both September 2018 EC cruises are HOTHS, so.... that makes me believe that our September 2019 cruise will be converted also! pirate::crazy:pixiedust::clown::ewok::hippie::bride::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter