Do they ask you for the Entertainment card when checking in??

ajsmom

Earning My Ears
I booked the Entertainment rate, planning to purchase the book or borrow a friends card.. Do they ask for the card?
We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.
TIA

I have read here that they do ask you for it, but some have reported that sometimes they don't ask. I would have it just to be on the safe side. If you don't have it at checkin, they can and probably will charge you rack rate which is ALOT higher.

Hope that helps.

I returned recently from RPR and I had to show my Entertainment Card. My cousin was checking in at the same time and she did not have to show her card. I was in the Loews First checkin line and she was in the regular line.

Never asked at Portofino, was asked at HRH. Had a fan club rate at RPR and they did ask to see the card.

We checked into RPR June 29th, on the Loew's line, and was asked for my Entertainment card.

We are checking into the HRH on Nov 5th (for 3 days before our Disney Cruise). My current Entertainment Book expires Nov 1st. Will I have to track down a new 2003-2004 Entertainment Book, or do you think they will accept my current Entertainment Card?? Thanks! :confused:

I don't know if I would take a chance. I would buy a 2004 Entertainment Book before you go, to be on the safe side.

Have stayed twice so far (both times right after my previous card/book expired) and was asked for the card. HRH and RP.

I would not chance not having the card and having an expired card!

I had two cards for two rooms and our recent visit to the HRH in July they did not ask for them. When I asked if she needed to see the entertainment cards she said no. I bet it is up to the person checking you in.

Thanks for all your help. I'll make sure to get a new Entertainment Book before we go. I was just worried that it would be one of those last-minute things that got forgotten in the hustle&bustle of packing, etc. When do they start selling the Entertainment Books for the next year? If they sell them well in advance of November, then I can plan better. Thanks, again.:)

I think the 2004 Entertainment Books will be available shortly. I'm almost positive they will be available in September. The kids use them for fundraisers which begin almost simultaneously with the new school year!!!

We were asked immediately for our Entertainment card when we went to the check-in counter at the RPR in May. It was a Wednesday morning around 8:00 a.m. when we checked in. My card was in my luggage with the bellman, and the reservation agent waited while I went and dug it out so we could present it. I would definitely be prepared to show it, or if you cannot, be prepare for them to make you pay full rate.

Just stayed at Portofino 2 weeks ago and not asked for it at all.

I'm planning on going to US in May 2004 and am arriving early (10 am). I see that you checked in at 8am. Is that unusual to get such an early check-in or is this common in May?

Does the new 2004 book take effect as soon as you receive it? We are going in Oct. 2003 and I wanted to purchase a 2004 book instead of the 2003 book which will expire a couple of weeks later.

I was told if I didn't produce mine I'd be charged full price.... :earseek:

I guess it depends on WHO checks you in!

I had checked my bag with the card in it and I RAN down to show it the next day.

Don't take a chance on it.

I wasn't asked to show my card at check-in last week and honestly I had even forgotten about it. DH had it in his wallet but he wasn't with me at check-in. I wouldn't risk it though. It seems to just depend on who checks you in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter