Do the WDW & DL DAS Computers ‘Talk to Eachother’ Yet?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Many people who are granted the DAS accommodation @ WDW for condition(s) that are permanent, typically find it a relatively stress-free & smooth process to renew their DAS pass on each visit.

Know in the past that WDW & DL’s systems didn’t share information.

Wondering if things have changed or whether a person needs to start at square one when visiting the other park to establish their needs.

Nope, they don't share information and even if they did, the baseline for getting the DAS seems to be very different on both coasts. But really, all you need to do is explain your needs and why a mobility device won't accommodate the issues.

This is an area that SeaWorld really excels with, once you get their assistance pass at any park, you can go to any of the parks, simply show them your ID or give them your ZIP code and last name and they will renew your pass with nothing more than asking if your needs have changed since the last time you got a pass and even that many don't ask unless you let them know they have.

Now, the first time you get a pass at SeaWorld, you do have to fill out a Mobility Questionnaire, basically stating you can use the restraints and if you have artificial limbs, etc. then they tell you what will and won't work for you based on your answers. But once you fill the form out once, the only time you ever have to do it again is if something changed, i.e. your leg was literally cut off. And when they say they keep it on record forever, they mean it and no, they won't share it with anyone unless the legal system compels them to do so.

SeaWorld does use the return time system (but usually only if the wait time is over about 20 minutes and even then it is up to the employee), but overall they tend to treat those with disabilities better. Heck, at SeaWorld San Diego, the Handicap parking is about 50 feet from the entrance. Seriously, it is closer than even the old preferred parking lot at Disneyland back before DCA was built.

Oh, i didn’t realize DL had different standards/protocols to obtain the DAS. In the past could just show the WDW card (red), seem to recall DL’s may have been green. Arrrgh. Guess i need to search here to get up to speed.

Thank you.

I personally have seen no difference in obtaining my son's DAS at WDW VS DL. (we go to each every year, WDW more often though). And I need to get him his DAS every day of our trips, so I am requesting one way more often than the average guest, lol. (I am a CM and use a guest pass for him; this means each DAS is only good for that one day, even though we are not local (NJ) and have an onsite room reservation.)

The big difference is using the DAS at DL vs WDW. Much easier for us at DL, with the kiosks, and not needing to approach each ride that we want to ride via a DAS return time. We find MaxPass to be great there as well (vs. FP+.)

I personally have seen no difference in obtaining my son's DAS at WDW VS DL. (we go to each every year, WDW more often though). And I need to get him his DAS every day of our trips, so I am requesting one way more often than the average guest, lol. (I am a CM and use a guest pass for him; this means each DAS is only good for that one day, even though we are not local (NJ) and have an onsite room reservation.)

The big difference is using the DAS at DL vs WDW. Much easier for us at DL, with the kiosks, and not needing to approach each ride that we want to ride via a DAS return time. We find MaxPass to be great there as well (vs. FP+.)
Renewing if you have had one previously isn't usually an issue, although they do ask to have the conversation about why you need it more often at DL than WDW in my experience. It is initially getting the DAS that tends to be substnatially more difficult at DL than WDW. But yes, I like the kiosk approach much better myself, although I have seen some reports that the Guest Experience teams at MK (an now presumably the ones at DHS) can provide return times. I don't know how true that is, but will find out when we go to WDW in June and if so, then that actually is even better than the kiosks because while there are set locations you can always find them, I have also found them roaming around MK.

Oh, i didn’t realize DL had different standards/protocols to obtain the DAS. In the past could just show the WDW card (red), seem to recall DL’s may have been green. Arrrgh. Guess i need to search here to get up to speed.

Thank you.
Once you have had it once at WDW, it usually isn't too much of an issue as it is associated with your MDE account and they can see you have had it before. DL can be trickier if you aren't a passholder, as they have no real way to look you up.

If you have any questions specifically about DAS at DLR, feel free to ask on the Disneyland (California) forum. We have lots of posters there who use DAS who can answer questions and give good suggestions.

If you have any questions specifically about DAS at DLR, feel free to ask on the Disneyland (California) forum. We have lots of posters there who use DAS who can answer questions and give good suggestions.

Thank you, as trip gets closer (end of August) will do. Taking DiL & GD for their first trip there to celebrate the ‘lil’s BD. Slowly dawning on me that both MH & SpaceMt may be down for overlays. Wah.

Thank you, as trip gets closer (end of August) will do. Taking DiL & GD for their first trip there to celebrate the ‘lil’s BD. Slowly dawning on me that both MH & SpaceMt may be down for overlays. Wah.
HM may be down as early as 8/19 -- that overlay is a long one -- and will be back up for the first day of Halloween Time on 9/06. SM's overlay only takes a few days, so that ride won't go down until maybe 9/3-5 (?).

HM may be down as early as 8/19 -- that overlay is a long one -- and will be back up for the first day of Halloween Time on 9/06. SM's overlay only takes a few days, so that ride won't go down until maybe 9/3-5 (?).
They managed to get HM down to about two to three weeks lately unless there is additional refurbishment. Space Mountain schedules a few full days, but technically it is designed to be able to change over with the flip of a switch, so a lot of times it reopens early.

But there are rumors that Disneyland will have no holiday overlays this year with Galaxy's Edge crowds there with all attraction overlays at the resort being at DCA only. I think a lot will depend on if crowds continue to show up is mass like they are expecting to have happen.

They managed to get HM down to about two to three weeks lately unless there is additional refurbishment. Space Mountain schedules a few full days, but technically it is designed to be able to change over with the flip of a switch, so a lot of times it reopens early.

But there are rumors that Disneyland will have no holiday overlays this year with Galaxy's Edge crowds there with all attraction overlays at the resort being at DCA only. I think a lot will depend on if crowds continue to show up is mass like they are expecting to have happen.

This is why I'm saying that HM "may" be down as early as 8/19 -- people need to be mentally prepared in case the overlay really takes the full 3 weeks this year. If it only takes 2 weeks, great! It is already listed on the DLR website events page for Halloween Time (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort/), so if it isn't going to happen this year, I hope Disney gives plenty of warning.

This is why I'm saying that HM "may" be down as early as 8/19 -- people need to be mentally prepared in case the overlay really takes the full 3 weeks this year. If it only takes 2 weeks, great! It is already listed on the DLR website events page for Halloween Time (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort/), so if it isn't going to happen this year, I hope Disney gives plenty of warning.
Hmm, last time I looked they hadn't updated what was happening at each of the parks there and I hope it still isnt fully updated, I want to see the Halloween fireworks come back and not require a party ticket to see them. They truly are the second best fireworks show Disney has ever out on. The first was the original version of the 50th Anniversary fireworks, nothing quite holds a candle to those.

But you are right about mentally preparing for it possibly being down. I think the OP is definitely safe for SM at the end of August though.

Hmm, last time I looked they hadn't updated what was happening at each of the parks there and I hope it still isnt fully updated, I want to see the Halloween fireworks come back and not require a party ticket to see them. They truly are the second best fireworks show Disney has ever out on. The first was the original version of the 50th Anniversary fireworks, nothing quite holds a candle to those...
This is being discussed in the Halloween Time superthread on the DL forum. You'll find lots of agreement about "Halloween Screams"!

This is being discussed in the Halloween Time superthread on the DL forum. You'll find lots of agreement about "Halloween Screams"!
I'm sure, quite litterally was the only reason I considered purchasing a ticket, the problem was you never knew if weather would cancel them, so most of the time we didn't. But that's a whole other story.

SM being open would be some consolation!

We actually moved the trip to come in after the D23 convention as I was having difficultly book a good rate for the room & the flights were crazy expensive earlier.

Now flying in early on tuesday, 8/27, will resign ourselves to it being closed...will be gravy if it is still open!

Saw the replacement for MNSSHP Oggie Boogie is starting up 9/17. Working 2 weeks back is 9/3, 3 weeks is 8/27 darn it. Probably will just miss it. Me, i’ve Seen both versions, just wanted my family to see the original HM, period

... Saw the replacement for MNSSHP Oggie Boogie is starting up 9/17. Working 2 weeks back is 9/3, 3 weeks is 8/27 darn it. Probably will just miss it. Me, i’ve Seen both versions, just wanted my family to see the original HM, period
The first date for Halloween Time is 9/06. Three weeks back from that is 8/19 -- that's how I'm guesstimating the start date for the NBC overlay installation. 9/17 is the first party date for the Oogie Boogie Bash (the new replacement for Mickey's Halloween Party, aka MHP).

The first date for Halloween Time is 9/06. Three weeks back from that is 8/19 -- that's how I'm guesstimating the start date for the NBC overlay installation. 9/17 is the first party date for the Oogie Boogie Bash (the new replacement for Mickey's Halloween Party, aka MHP).

Arrrgh, I didn’t catch that 9/06 was the date. Sigh. Thanks glad to have the information!

Arrrgh, I didn’t catch that 9/06 was the date. Sigh. Thanks glad to have the information!
Yeah, which means SM should still be open, seriously they have it down to only one to three days of downtime these days and can technically do it with zero downtime if they really push themselves.

Yeah, which means SM should still be open, seriously they have it down to only one to three days of downtime these days and can technically do it with zero downtime if they really push themselves.

Oh, i do hope, will help take the sting off no HM.

Did double check dates, D-23 convention runs thru 8/25. Lots of big wigs, thinking perhaps they’d want to ‘show them a good time’ and keep HM open thru then but, what do I know, still doesn’t help me out arriving on 27th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!