Do the EMH, or not, for lower crowds?

Cinderella94

I miss my tags!
WDW vets but first time DLR guests. We'll have two full park days (with hoppers) in January, a Friday and Saturday. Staying at VGC. We're "get there well before rope drop" people so would have no problem getting there early for EMH on the respective days at each park. My plan has been to start on Friday at DCA EMH, switch to DL when we want to in the afternoon, and then the next day do the opposite. It just occurred to me, though - do you think the EMH park is so much more crowded in the morning that it's better to just skip the EMH and start at the other park instead?

Honestly, just do what works best. DLR is very different from WDW because the park entrances are so close to each other. It's more like one big park. The crowds are a lot more fluid.

In janurary it depends on what your goals are in visiting Disneyland and DCA. So if you are the type to ride RSR over and over on maxpass and single rider then Friday at DCA would be a good choice till you become board with DCA and head over to Disneyland. As for your EM on Saturday, the advantage is the wait time for Fantasyland minor attractions, many done in so little time, and when the hour is over, just maxpass your land choice, Tomorrowland or ROA. The concept to remember about Janurary is due to it be low season, it does not necessarily provide the same number of attraction vehicles on E attractions that are being used in the summer.

Honestly, just do what works best. DLR is very different from WDW because the park entrances are so close to each other. It's more like one big park. The crowds are a lot more fluid.
What she said. Forget WDW trends in this area. :thumbsup2

What works for us is doing EMH and once in we start pulling FP (via MaxPass) for the other park and then we hop about 30 minutes after that park opens in time to use our FP. We accomplish a ton in the morning, then can take a swim break, long lunch, etc. and just grab the FPs for when we come back that night - and we decide which park we want to spend the evening at depending on which entertainment we want to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter