Do Starbucks giftcards work on RC ships that have on-board starbucks?

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I have some Starbucks giftcards and wanted to hold onto them for my cruise if they'll be able to be used on the Harmony of the seas, but I won't bother to bring them if they wont work.

My understanding is that you can use it at the stand alone kiosks like on Harmony but not if they are integrated into a cafe (“We proudly serve...” type places).

From the RCL blog (dated May 24, 2015) :
The answer is you can use your Starbucks card to pay for drinks at full Starbucks locations on Royal Caribbean ships.

Current locations are:

• Oasis of the Seas
  • Allure of the Seas
On other ships that simply serve Starbucks drinks but do not have a dedicated Starbucks location, you cannot use a Starbucks card to pay for your drinks.

While you can accumulate Starbucks Rewards Points with the purchases you make onboard your cruise at the full Starbucks locations, you cannot redeem your points for drinks onboard.
https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/questions/can-i-use-my-starbucks-gift-cards-royal-caribbean

Any new ships built since the blog entry was written that also have a full Starbucks location would also take Starbucks Gift Cards for payment.

Well I can say with full confidence that the Starbucks app (with pre-loaded $ and gift cards) worked on the boat. I think if you just enter the australian gift card into the starbucks app, it should work.

Thanks guys. I've just downloaded the app. I've googled also and it says I can use it in the US. I'll start transferring money to it each week to cover our purchases. We are at Disney and Universal before hand and we quite like our frappacino's each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!