Do special effects magic bands still work when you're a DVC member?

SarahVR1234

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I recently found out that some limited edition magic bands have special effects when touching them to a touchpoint (when entering a park or when scanning your fastpass). On our last trip both me and my mom bought a limited Rise of the Resistance magic band, which has one of those special effects. I scanned mine and it worked perfectly, but my mom (who is a DVC member) scanned hers, and the touchpoint lit up purple (which is what usually happens when you're a DVC member). Now I'm wondering if anyone knows if the purple DVC effect overrides the special effect on the magic band? Or did my mom get one with a defect? The special effect doesn't work anywhere for her, not at the entrance and not for fastpasses, and we did use it at Hollywood Studios where mine did have the effect.

The special effects normally work fine for me (only at certain parks of course). I get the pink/purple ring whenever the special effects don't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!