Do resort stores sell distilled water?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
This will be the 1st time traveling without a car, as well as having our CPAP machines. We're wondering if the resort stores sell distilled water for our machines?

Thanks!

Typically, yes. You might have to ask. If not, Turner Drug will deliver, for a fee. Because it's a pharmacy, you can be sure you're getting distilled, not filtered or "spring" water.

I’ve always been able to get it from the shop at the resort. Sometimes it isn’t out, but when I’ve asked, a CM has always been able to bring some from the back. My most recent experience, though, was about 8 months ago. I finally bought a travel CPAP that doesn’t use a humidifier. It was so expensive but well worth it. It’s so small. I love not carrying my huge machine around the airport!

Doesn't your mouth/throat get dry without a humidifier? As for size, ours are not bad. They break-down easily and are stored in nice padded carrying cases - not too heavy, and actually pretty slim.

I guess we'll just wait and hope for the best at purchasing the distilled water at the resort. If not, then we'll need to come up with a plan B.

Doesn't your mouth/throat get dry without a humidifier? As for size, ours are not bad. They break-down easily and are stored in nice padded carrying cases - not too heavy, and actually pretty slim.

I guess we'll just wait and hope for the best at purchasing the distilled water at the resort. If not, then we'll need to come up with a plan B.
It doesn’t get dry, but I imagine the reason for it is that I live at very high altitude. Just the additional humidity in the air is enough for me when I travel to sea level. The occasional overnight/camping trip here at home when I’ve used the travel CPAP has left me rather dried out. I couldn’t handle it for more than a night or two, but I find my tolerance for camping trips is only a day or two anyway, lol. I never had an issue getting distilled water from any of the resort shops.

For another Plan B option, you could consider this: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/h2doze-premium-distilled-water-travel-bottle (I think it might be cheaper on Amazon, although I’m not sure.) According to my doctor at my sleep clinic, when this is accompanied by a CPAP machine, it is allowed through TSA. The bottle says it is medically necessary for usage in the CPAP machine. I haven’t tried traveling with it, but my doctor says she has had patients who haven’t had a problem. A friend of mine also mentioned he was able to travel with this (along with his CPAP) traveling internationally. It might be worth bringing a bottle or two along to give you peace of mind until you know you have distilled water at the resort (either purchased there or delivered by Turner Drug).

For my in-laws, we ordered a gallon of distilled water through Amazon Prime Now. We also ordered some groceries for the week, so we met the minimum for free delivery. Something for you to look into.

It's just the two of us on this trip, so we probably won't need a lot of groceries. We've never ordered for a delivery before. I don't know what the minimum purchase amount is for free delivery.... who to use, etc. I probably should look in to that. Thanks.

Pop Century sells Distilled Water in the food court. It is by the baked goods section. We purchased it there in July.

(I think it might be cheaper on Amazon, although I’m not sure.)
Technically, yes per bottle - but you have to buy six.
According to my doctor at my sleep clinic, when this is accompanied by a CPAP machine, it is allowed through TSA. The bottle says it is medically necessary for usage in the CPAP machine.
Qualifier "reasonable amounts" if carried on. There are additional restrictions. TSA.gov is a good source of what is/isn't allowed where, and other restrictions.

My daughter and I both have sleep apnea and use CPAPs. We have been able to purchase a gallon of distilled water at WL (it was actually given to us for free here by a CL CM :) ), GF, BC, and BWI, all within the past year. All of these resorts have had it in the gift shop/sundry store. Sometimes it has been out in an obvious spot (at BWI, for example), and other times they've had it behind the counter or in the back and brought it out to us. I think it's a fairly common request nowadays and would guess most if not all Disney resorts would have it.

HTH! :)

My doctor told me that I could use regular H2O as long as it is not for long (month) periods or as long as I keep washing the water tub regularly. The reason they recommend using distilled is so that it will maximize the life of the water tub and reduce mineral deposits. I use distilled but the times I cannot use it, I use regular water.

You can email guest services tell them the resort you are staying at and they will tell you if it is sold and the price.... but that is not guarantee they will have it in stick when you are there BUT more than likely will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter