Do people really do this?

I downloaded one of the cancellation apps and I have gotten numerous texts about openings for reservations at chef mickeys, ohana and BOG! As lug as you log in quick enough you can snag it!
Our trip is about a month away

That's awesome!! My Family's trip is coming up next month too! Hoping some of the last minute ADR's we are looking for will start to pop up soon as we approach the 30 day payment date!

If not, we'll just make other plans. As long as my family's all together at WDW, that's really what is important to us!! :earsboy::love::earsboy:

Does anybody have a list of restaurants on open table?

I just got Edison's on open table for my Feb and August trip. Well before my 180 day mark for August. I found it because I knew it was open but still not listed on MDE. I heard the place has had "light" traffic for meals, I wonder if this is why. Many might think it isn't open yet.

I'm having a dilemma right now. We are traveling last week in September and first week in October. I'm trying to plan Magic Kingdom dining. The grandkids want Be Our Guest breakfast but I don't want to schedule it on a day when the Mickey's Not So Scary Party is taking place. I want to plan Magic Kingdom on a day that party is not happening. The schedule is not out so I don't know what to do. This may cause me to book two breakfasts on two different days. I don't know what other option I would have.

I'm having a dilemma right now. We are traveling last week in September and first week in October. I'm trying to plan Magic Kingdom dining. The grandkids want Be Our Guest breakfast but I don't want to schedule it on a day when the Mickey's Not So Scary Party is taking place. I want to plan Magic Kingdom on a day that party is not happening. The schedule is not out so I don't know what to do. This may cause me to book two breakfasts on two different days. I don't know what other option I would have.

You can check the first post of this thread for the dates from last year. Parties are usually held on the same days of the week every year.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...-so-scary-halloween-party-boo-to-you.3580223/

They are normally on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday

Not at the same time... something like this:

8:00 BOG , 9:00 Chef Mickeys, 10:00 Akerhaus, 11:00 Sci-Fi , 12:00 50's prime time , 1:00 Tiffins, 2:00 CRT. etc. etc... Get the idea? or better yet, BOG at 8,9, 10, 11 .... and so on. They do this every day for a whole vacation then once they decide what park they will be at they cancel at the last minute. Totally screwing up any chance of good ADR's for the people that don't abuse the system. I know I will have 180+10 but if someone staying when we will be there and their 180+10 starts just one day before ours, it really takes a lot of options off the table. Now take in the fact that thousands of people are doing this and you can see how it screws up ADR's.

Can you imagine this kind of planning??? My head would spin.

I book at 180 for my family, and I generally try to book one PPO breakfast at each park except DHS. We usually only end up keeping one, but until I have a better idea of our schedule I like to know we have that special breakfast in place. I also have to book a few meals for those in the group who are splitting off from the rest of us, and on rare occasions I book a back up meal. For instance, I know that no matter what, I am going booking a Candlelight meal package for at least myself this trip, but not all of my group will go. I will book dinner for everyone and once the packages are released I will book a package for some of us.

Just these few "multi" ADR's make ne nervous and I warn my crew what will happen if they are no shows at any meal I book for them...it will not be pretty! LOL! Then having to coordinate theirs and mine, make them all decide which park they want breakfast in, and force them to commit to the package or not, well....this is more than enough for me. I cannot imagine the spreadsheet necessary to carry all the JIC ADR's some planners make.

What gets me is with the low quality and big price of disney Dining I don't get why people want it enough to do this.

What gets me is with the low quality and big price of disney Dining I don't get why people want it enough to do this.

I enjoy my meals at WDW. I can only think of one bad one I have had over many years and many trips. I have a hard time picking which ADRs I want for each trip! However, I don't overbook and then cancel any "extras". I only book meals I intend to enjoy.

I enjoy my meals at WDW. I can only think of one bad one I have had over many years and many trips. I have a hard time picking which ADRs I want for each trip! However, I don't overbook and then cancel any "extras". I only book meals I intend to enjoy.

LOL! I know! My daughter has taken over much of the planning and she has often complained that if we go to every restaurant I want, we will have no time for the parks! LOL!

Never had a bad meal at Disney. Are all character meals "worth it?" That's subjective, but the food has been good at each one we've been to.

Never had a bad meal at Disney. Are all character meals "worth it?" That's subjective, but the food has been good at each one we've been to.

I wouldn't say I have had any bad meals but I have had very few outstanding meals and an awful lot of meh meals at not a meh price.

Each ADR must be reserved with the guest's own name and credit card info. It isn't possible for travel agents to be making & hoarding generic ADRs without that specific data.

Unless there has been a recent change, this is incorrect. The person whose name is on the ADR is not required to show up.

I have hoarded a few times because I have two days when we could be going to MK and we have not decided which day we were going. I usually decide around the 60-day mark before fastpasses because I can only make them for one of those days. The 180 days is a little ridiculous, but because it is so far in advance-that's why I book the same reservation on two different days.

I honestly have no problem with people booking multiple reservations. WDW puts us in a position where it's nearly impossible to plan exactly where we are going to be 180 + days prior to our trip. When they keep releasing details on events later than 6 months out or change park hours, how can one possibly know. I don't hoard reservations. We've been so many times I know, typically which restaurants we want to go to and none of them are hard to get. I did double book dessert parties for our upcoming trip though because I was unsure of our night plans. About a month ago, I finalized our DHS plans, so dropped our extra Star Wars parties. I also just dropped a Holiday Wishes terrace dessert party two days ago. I agree with the PP. I dropped everything within the WDW cancellation period and gave someone else a chance to book the reservations. I didn't take anything away from anyone. I'm a huge fan of the touring plans reservation finder (just scored Cali Grill yesterday!) and love finding last-minute ADR gems when we are on our trips. I have never NOT gotten a reservation I've wanted.
This is my exact thought! How am I suppose to know if we are going to AK monday or tuesday? Instead, I book dinner for both days and then cancel 60 days in advance once I decide on fast passes.

This is my exact thought! How am I suppose to know if we are going to AK monday or tuesday? Instead, I book dinner for both days and then cancel 60 days in advance once I decide on fast passes.
You have to choose a something to decide how to plan out your trip. Could be FPs, maybe ADRs, and of course hotel is another viable choice.

This trip I decided to start with a monorail resort, and go from there. Since ADRs are first available over rides I chose all the restaurants we want to eat at that are closest to MK and AK and made my ressies. Can I change them after my FP window opens? Sure but at least I've a basis for making my ride choices as well.

The other issue is park hours - I wish they would put all 3 finalized on a 60 day schedule. Give me the exact park hours and let me book my FP and ADRs at that time it would save all the back and forth.

I don’t hoard reservations, but I have had three meals booked in a day knowing I would cancel 1 or 2 depending on what I decide, I also change my plans almost daily the last 2 weeks before a trip, changing reservations, adjusting things. Even adding reservations. Last week I adjusted reservations the day before a few days.

I do think it’s horrible for people to have 8-10 meals a day (every hour) for options. However it is what the system has created, and frankly I’m not sure there is a much better option right now.

It's really crazy. I don't mind having to book 180 days out cause I'm a planner and it's fun--but it's confusing for a lot of people! And its getting overwhelming. I have people ask me often "Tell me everything I need to know about Disney!" and I don't even know where to start....
I'm planning another trip for summer or January 2019 and I'm already feeling like Peter Griffin during his trials where he says "No, no, no no", and the Kool-aid Man busts out of the wall saying "Oh yeah!". There's too much planning and micromanaging involved.

Will be spacing my trips yearly with relaxing vacations and stay at home vacations in between.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!