Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does this discredited story keep popping back up on this forum? It was found to be untrue and deleted from the DISBoards weeks ago, yet it keeps popping back up.
I mentioned this is another thread: "I think people have latched onto that in the 3 or 4 threads that I know of on this topic and use that as the standard for all reports thus having this "hmm are you sure that's what happened?"

But to the point no one but the mods and admins are privy to what made them come to the conclusion it was found to be untrue.

Ok, it's been about 30 days since WDW started instituting what was originally billed as a daily security check so I thought I'd come back and check out what's new in this thread and hopefully be able to see links to photos or videos of these first hand experiences. I know if it were me and someone came knocking while I was in the room I'd have grabbed my phone and started recording. I've read the past 20 pages, and I see nothing. Are these posts being deleted while I was away? Just curious.
As far as your second thing I had also mentioned in another thread "you're not likely to have pictures or video of what happened because of the nature of it being unexpected."

I can also think of many situations where someone's phone is not near them, where the forethought to get the phone is missed etc. But to your words just like the dog policy I wouldn't discredit someone because they didn't have photos or video. If they advised they had those it would probably be helpful to show them to us but I wouldn't discredit them based on not having it. That's like someone saying "I stepped in dog poop" and us DISers saying "prove it" and when there is no video or pictures we say "pics/videos or it didn't happen".

I'm not going to pretend to believe an incredible account out of fear of discouraging someone else from posting.

In any event, I've decided to live life on the edge and stay at a Disney resort in May. On the off-chance anyone is still talking about this at that time, I'll report back.

I know the meanings of words quite well, including the meaning of intrude. I agree that the posts you quoted describe intrusions. I just don't believe they occurred. Debating the merits of a policy is just fine, but there is no sense in arguing whether a particular post is true or not, or belittling someone for not believing it. You don't know that these accounts are true any more than I know they are false.
Really?
All of those people are liars?
All of those people are out of work script writers looking to hone their skill?
And I thought I was cynical.
Disneyworld is so magical that they would never do anything like giving underpaid and undertrained employees a snip of 'security power' that would cause an 'intrusion' of privacy...with a policy that does away with privacy (as defined prior to this policy).
Nope. Never would happen. Everyone is a liar.

But to the point no one but the mods and admins are privy to what made them come to the conclusion it was found to be untrue.
There was a comment, I think it was early in this thread, from a moderator saying that posts were removed because that poster had violated DIS guidelines, so my impression was that a specific poster was disallowed from posting. Removing those posts did not necessarily mean the content of a specific post had been proven false (in fact, it's logically impossible to prove that something did not happen). I agree that likely only the moderators know which specific DIS guidelines were violated. But how can anyone who was not present when something supposedly happened, know for sure whether it happened or not. So removing that post meant someone had lost their rights to post, but this doesn't prove that the content of a specific post was false. At least that is how I interpreted the comment from the moderator. If I am mistaken about this, then someone will probably clarify. Thanks.

Really?
All of those people are liars?
All of those people are out of work script writers looking to hone their skill?
And I thought I was cynical.
Disneyworld is so magical that they would never do anything like giving underpaid and undertrained employees a snip of 'security power' that would cause an 'intrusion' of privacy...with a policy that does away with privacy (as defined prior to this policy).
Nope. Never would happen. Everyone is a liar.
The point of my post is that no one knows for certain whether a particular account is true or not - it is up to each person, after thoughtful consideration, to decide for him or herself what to believe. There is nothing at all cynical about that position.

So I got back yesterday. Saw absolutely no difference in anything with the new guideline with the exception of no offer to skip housekeeping for a gift card. All staff were very respectful of the room occupied tag and at no time did anyone knock or intrude......as I suspected when it first came up, being handled very professionally by Disney and the staff.

So I got back yesterday. Saw absolutely no difference in anything with the new guideline with the exception of no offer to skip housekeeping for a gift card. All staff were very respectful of the room occupied tag and at no time did anyone knock or intrude......as I suspected when it first came up, being handled very professionally by Disney and the staff.
Appreciate your feedback.

Good news.

There was a comment, I think it was early in this thread, from a moderator saying that posts were removed because that poster had violated DIS guidelines, so my impression was that a specific poster was disallowed from posting. Removing those posts did not necessarily mean the content of a specific post had been proven false (in fact, it's logically impossible to prove that something did not happen). I agree that likely only the moderators know which specific DIS guidelines were violated. But how can anyone who was not present when something supposedly happened, know for sure whether it happened or not. So removing that post meant someone had lost their rights to post, but this doesn't prove that the content of a specific post was false. At least that is how I interpreted the comment from the moderator. If I am mistaken about this, then someone will probably clarify. Thanks.
I could have sworn I read from a mod that the post was removed as it was found to be untrue. I'm trying to see if I can locate that (it may not be this thread but in another thread). If I find it I'll post that.

I do agree and think that's what got people's minds going on what the issue was because so little information was given about a very early on post that has had ripple effects throughout various threads.

The point of my post is that no one knows for certain whether a particular account is true or not - it is up to each person, after thoughtful consideration, to decide for him or herself what to believe. There is nothing at all cynical about that position.
Sorry but I disagree. To conclude that every single one of those testimonies didn't happen as described, which is what you are stating, is to logically conclude that they are false and therefore A LIE...Therefore anyone who posts the position that Disney intruded in their space as described, lies. A cynical polemic if ever I saw one.

I could have sworn I read from a mod that the post was removed as it was found to be untrue. I'm trying to see if I can locate that (it may not be this thread but in another thread). If I find it I'll post that.

I do agree and think that's what got people's minds going on what the issue was because so little information was given about a very early on post that has had ripple effects throughout various threads.
The alleged fake post involved a woman with young children who were afraid and crying. She may have been bathing them. I just remember being very upset by the account. After finding out it was supposedly made up, I was irritated, because this one fabrication will cause others to doubt the truthful posts. It’s unfortunate that someone apparently lied. Eventually we will all find out for ourselves on our next trip to WDW.
As far as I’m concerned, I appreciate those who have given me a heads-up so that I’m not caught off-guard if and when my family has to deal with this nonsense.

Disallowing someone from making any new posts and deleting someone's post are 2 very different things. I've been a member of the DIS for a little while, and while I don't aspire to violate any of the DIS guidelines I'd hate to think that if I did all my posts would be deleted. One can only conclude that there was reason to believe the post was false.

The alleged fake post involved a woman with young children who were afraid and crying. She may have been bathing them. I just remember being very upset by the account. After finding out it was supposedly made up, I was irritated, because this one fabrication will cause others to doubt the truthful posts. It’s unfortunate that someone apparently lied. Eventually we will all find out for ourselves on our next trip to WDW.
As far as I’m concerned, I appreciate those who have given me a heads-up so that I’m not caught off-guard if and when my family has to deal with this nonsense.
I remember when the post came out for sure. Whether it was found to be untrue by the mods/admins or whether it was found to be in violation of the DIS guidelines or I suppose both I think has gotten lost throughout the comments and various threads. I'm trying to dig and find if I can a message from the mods at some point in one of the threads in regards to that post because like I said I could have sworn but I could totally just repeating something a poster had said rather than the mod themselves explaining a bit. I do know the original thread where the post came from was completely deleted.

I have no doubt that there will be mis-steps by Disney in implementing this policy.

Just not as described by the number of testimonies above. Because the only 'mis-steps' are non intrusive and those testimonies that are... are not true!

Last edited:
It’s far more likely they’re responding to feedback from actual guests.

I'm pretty sure in this day and age they have people who are responsible for reading feedback on places like DIS.

I manage a business a lot smaller than Disney and we have people for that. We live in the age of social media.

Unfortunately this seems to be a no win situation. We are not privy to the whys behind the decision or the whys behind how it came about to not be considered 'legit' and thus cannot use that original post, despite what other people have on both sides (including me in the very very beginning), as a basis for other experiences.

ETA: It's why it's best to try as hard as possible to forget it even happened so as to keep an open mind on both sides (the side that says nothing negative happened/will happen and the side that says something negative happened/will happen due to their own individual preferences and experiences).

I think people are getting distracted by the one post that was deleted for violating the rules and have forgotten or are ignoring the rest of the on site reports by long time Dis members. If that one report was false, and we don't know for sure, it doesn't invalidate all the other legitimate ones.

I for one don't believe for a second that other posters have been posting here for years with 1,000's of posts and waiting for this exact moment to make up a story about their stay. That's really conspiratorial.

I'm pretty sure in this day and age they have people who are responsible for reading feedback on places like DIS.

I manage a business a lot smaller than Disney and we have people for that. We live in the age of social media.
They absolutely do. Like any multi billion dollar corporation they also have a paid team of social media staff to not just read but to post replies and responses as "guests" to try and put a magical spin on things. Everyone from CocaCola to Subway has been caught at some point.

Be it Universal, Disney, FOX or the United States Government which spends over a billion dollars every year and has over 5,000 employees dedicated to it (and every other world government too), every large entity is trying to control it's image.

Personally the responses from guests who have stayed in the past month, like myself, are going to be weighted much heavier than the "general online consensus" and that's what I've chosen to do. There is no doubt with guest services how I feel and that I will be cancelling my on site May trip if this doesn't change. I'll tell them when I cancel, not just the CM I talk to cancel it but guest relations itself.

For me it's the final straw. I'm not a criminal and my family aren't criminals and I'm done spending tens of thousands of dollars a year at a place that treats me like one. When my current AP is up in Oct. I won't renew and I'll be sure to let them know why then as well.

I asked a very simple question and apparently you have a problem. Not everybody here has time to read 54 pages to catch up. I have no problem with anybody here, just asking a question, a very simple question but you're making it into a battle. I won't bite. I wish you well and take your click someplace else.

You don't have time to read the thread, but you want others to take the time to re-post their stories or someone else to take the time to quote them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter